- 4 -

Imagine Rick breaking down in front of you.

"I didn't ask for this." Rick yelled.
You flinched as he looked at you, despair in his eyes.
"I know Rick, I know. None of us did."
"Y/N, I've lost so many people... I can't lose you."
"Rick, you have to be there for Carl and Judith. Promise me you will."

"I will but, you'll be there with me as well won't you?"
"Rick..."
You embraced Rick, feeling him shake. You held him in your arms as he continued to cry. The salty tears dripping onto your shirt.
"Rick, come on. You're okay. Were okay. The world may have gone to shit but were okay." You soothed, drawing circles on his head. He looked up, his eyes bloodshot. He cleared his throat and stood up wiping his face, turning his back on you.
"Y/N, if I lose you I can't carry on. I can't look after Carl or Judith. Anyone, I can't protect anyone here from the Saviours. Not without you. I can't protect you from them... From Negan."
Your eyes widened at his small speech as you slowly embraced him, sitting him back down on the couch.

"Rick, I love you. But I need you to promise me you will carry on if something happens."
"Y/N why are you talking like it's the last day of your life."
The beating from your heart quickened. You didn't dare look him in the eye.
"Rick. You know what you've always said. Live it like its your last. Who knows. The saviours might come in tomorrow and kill us all."
"I wont let that happen. I promise Y/N I love you."
"I love you to." You sighed into his chest as you smiled.

It wasn't the right time to tell him about the bite