- 13 -

You and Carl had been together, and had managed to keep the relationship 'top secret' from anyone, Enid knew, but you made her swear not to tell anyone, and so far, she'd remained quiet

There were times you were nearly caught.

- 28th October

You clung onto the jumper, bringing the soft material around you, the door creaked open, Carl walked in and chuckled, before falling silent.

You tilted your head, giving him a look. "What?"
"Nothing, you just look... Really good in that sweater." He mumbled.
You looked in the mirror and sighed, "I think it's a little big, not too practical if a walker grabs it. It doesn't look right does it?" You added, noticing his silence.
"No, it's fine! I just... Can't believe you're actually wearing my clothes." Carl chuckled, rubbing the back of his neck.
The door buckled open, Michonne glanced over, eyeing the sweater you were wearing.
"Y/N needed something warm for the upcoming months, Enid is a smaller size so I figured she could borrow this for now." Carl looked behind to Michonne as he made up the excuse.

- December 21st

You sat on a bench, looking at the snow as it fell, Carl sat beside you, his hand on your kneecap. You huddled closer to him, the blizzard forming around you.

"I love you Carl." You whispered into his neck.
"You don't say that very often." He smiled.
You thought for a moment, "Half the time I get too embarrassed to say anything." You spoke, blushing slightly.
Carl chuckled and looked ahead of him, his hand moving to hold yours, Rick walked past, and glanced over to the pair of you, you quickly moved your hand away from Carl's, digging it in your pocket,
"Y/N, mind helping me on the fence?" He asked.
"Sure Rick." You smiled, walking over to Rick, giving Carl a glance as you walked away.

And then there was the time.

- 24th January

Carl stood at one side of the room, his body turned towards you, you smoothed out the shirt you wore and let out a sigh, Carls footsteps got closer, and he wrapped his arms around your waist, pulling you closer to him. You placed your hands on his and smiled, turning round to kiss him.

As he let go you frowned, grabbing his hands, turning to look at him, "Don't pull away... Not yet." You mumbled, leaning in to kiss him. He placed his forehead against yours, letting out a chuckle, before planting a kiss on your lips.

You heard a sudden knock on the door, and then the creak of it opening. You gasped and jolted away from Carl, but not before they saw. You turned your gaze to the person who walked through the door, your eyes landing on Michonne.
"Came to see if Carl was free for something, obviously not." She chuckled, leaning against the doorframe. "How long?"

The pair of you exchanged glances, "Six months." You cleared your throat.
"Welcome to the family Y/N." Michonne smiled, you stared and nodded.
"Thanks Michonne."
"I should probably tell Rick he was right about you two." She laughed.

The Grimes saw you as their own.

A request from queenredvblink hope you enjoyed it :)