- 2 - N°2

You lean against the fence, the quiet rustle of the metal, along with the tweets from birds sounded through your ears, you frowned when you heard the low growl of walkers from around the fences, you sighed and looked around for Daryl

"Oh come on..." You groaned, looking up towards the prison, no one was there apart from Rick and Carl on the towers.
"Y/N?"
You flinched at the sudden yell, you looked to the other side seeing Daryl approaching
"Where the hell did you come from?"
"Massive hole in the fence at the back, Beth and Maggie are fixing it."
"Oh, I see, come on. There's walkers around." You smiled.
Daryl gave you a nod, and began to walk beside you, readjusting his crossbow across his back.

You wandered through the thick trees, brushing through the branches that stuck out towards you, Daryl lagged behind slightly as the growl of walkers got louder.
"Through here." You whispered, Daryl shot an arrow trough the trees, the pair of you heard a thud, and saw a walker dead on the floor, you exchanged looks and nodded, before moving on.

"Last night... At the campfire, I never heard about you and your family Daryl." You looked up at him.
He froze slightly, and cleared his throat.
"Sorry Daryl I shouldn't have as-"
"Nah, it's alright, ain't got none of em' left, apart from me' brother, but Rick tied him to that roof remember?"
You nodded slightly, "Do you think he got away?"
"Yeah, probably, he may be a prick but he knows how to get himself outta awkward situations."
You chuckled a little, "Sounds like my sister."
Daryl looked at you, "Really?" He laughed.
You nodded, "Yeah..."

There was a silence for a bit, Daryl took his crossbow of his back, and aimed it towards a bird.
"You think I can shoot that bird?" He asked.
You shook your head, "Nah, not when I'm here." You laughed.
Daryl tilted his head, before looking aiming the crossbow towards the bird, as he was about to shoot, you kicked the back of his knee in and  knocked him off balance.
"Told you." You smirked.
He looked at you and scoffed, "So that's what you meant by 'not when I'm here.'"
"Well duh, what did you think I meant?"
"Nothin'."
"Oh come on Daryl, what did you mean?"
"I said nothin'."
You stepped closer to him, "You can tell me... I mean you're always talking to Beth. You never talk to me." You glanced away, folding your arms as you smirked, knowing you were getting somewhere.
"I ain't!" He exclaimed.
"Yeah you are..."
"Ain't!"
"Are!"
The argument carried on like this for a few more moments.
"Why do you think I'm out here?" He looked back over at you, leaning against a tree.
"Duh, because Beth sent you."
"No, because I actually wanted to come out on patrol with ya'." He retorted.

You grinned looking back at him, "Oh really? And why's that?" You turned your back to him again, and looked over towards the sun.
"Because you're clumsy when it comes to walkers... Don't want you getting killed out here."
"I'm not that-"
Daryl walked over to you and kicked your knee in like you had done before, you stumbled towards a thorn bush, falling into it.
"Daryl!" You screeched, looking up at him as your arms flailed.

He was laughing, a rare sight indeed from the man. You chuckled at the sight, he walked over, pulling you up.
"Thanks, but next time, you'd best watch your step Mr Dixon."
He grinned, "Yeah A'ight."
"I'll race you back!" You yelled, running off.
Daryl chased you back to the prison, you ran through the gates past Beth, laughing as a tired Daryl staggered behind you.

"I told you that you'd get along." Beth chuckled.

Hope you enjoyed these oliviahoughton_