The New Kid

Jonah P. O. V

I held hands with Cyrus as we walked into school. It's been a while since we've been here since... Well, everything. As we walked in everyone was staring at us, but I still held Cyrus' hand.

I felt his grasp on my hand tighten. "Jonah why are they all staring at us... I'm scared" I heard Cyrus whisper. I looked at him sympathetically. "We'll be ok" I said reassuringly.

Then andi and Buffy walked up to us. "Why are you guys holding hands?" They said in unison. I looked at Cyrus and smiled. "Behold, Jyrus." Cyrus said beaming. Buffy started fangirling and andi glared at Cyrus like she wanted to stab him.

"Omg you guys are soooooo cute!!!" Buffy said hugging Cyrus. "Right Andi?" She continued nudging andI on the arm. Andi clenched her teeth. "Yea. Cute"

Suddenly the intercom came on to announce something. "Cyrus Goodman to the principal's office. Cyrus Goodman." Cyrus looked at me confused. "I'll see you after first period I guess." Cyrus said smiling weakly.

He pecked me on the lips and walked away slowly slipping out of my hands grasp. I turned back to Buffy and andi. "Like I said sooooo cute" Buffy said smiling. Andi was silent.

"I'll see you guys later" I said waving goodbye and walking to my locker. I wonder what Cyrus was called to the office for. Guess I'll find out later.

Cyrus P. O. V 

I walked into the principal's office and he motioned for me to sit in a chair next to a boy my age I'd never seen before. I sat down and the principal looked at me. "Welcome, Cyrus." I smiled at him.

"I've seen in your permanent record you have excellent grades, and haven't been involved in any forms of bad behavior. So I've called you here today because we have a new student." The principal nodded towards the boy in the chair next to me.

I waved at him and looked back at the principal. "I was wondering if you'd like to be his guide while he's new. Like, his temporary best friend. You two have most of the same classes 6 to be exact."

I looked at the principal sweetly and could see the boy staring at me out of the corner of my eye. "Sure. When do I start?" I said. "Right now" The principal said standing up. He motioned for me and the boy to follow. He opened the door for us and we walked out. Before he closed the door the principal looked at me.

"By the way, his name is Jace Lavigne." (For my love of Avril Lavigne & Jace Norman) I nodded and he closed the door. Me and Jace stud there awkwardly. He had shaggy blonde hair that fell over his blue eyes. He was wearing a maroon colored T-shirt and dark blue ripped jeans. He had his backpack slung over his shoulder and one of his hands in his pockets.

I held out my hand toward him. "Hey, I'm Cyrus" I said and he shook my hand. Jace half smiled. "Jace." I looked at him and then looked at my hands. "Uhhhh let's go to second period. Because we missed first." Jace nodded and followed me to class.

(At home)

  Me and Jonah walked in my house and waved to my mom on our way upstairs. "So why'd you have to go to the office?" Jonah said sitting down on our bed. "There's a new kid at school and the principal decided he wanted me to be his guide until he's familiar with the school." I said sitting on his lap.

"Cool. When can I meet... What's his name?" Jonah said. "Jace Lavigne" I said messing with his hair. "And you can meet him tomorrow." I said kissing him swiftly. "That great." Jonah said smiling at me. "I'm not sure if I'll be a good guide though..." I said my voice trailing off.

Jonah put his finger to my lips. "You'll be a great Guide, and ill be there to help you the whole way." I smiled at him and he placed his soft lips on mine. I love him❤