❝Painful Regret❞ → NamJin || Part 2

"Is he gonna be alright, mom?"

"He will, baby. Don't worry."

"But he still isn't waking up."

"Don't worry, okay? He'll be fine bub. Now go to your room first. I'll be right there in five minutes."

Namjoon's eyes fluttered open as soon as he heard somewhat like a conversation between one of his younger sons and his wife, Jin, who is now slowly walking towards him and is about to apply another set of towel soaked in a warm water above his forehead.

"Ugh..." Namjoon groaned out softly, adjusting himself to see the view around him clearly despite the throbbing pain lingering on his burning-like forehead due to the high fever he has obtained a few days ago.

"J-Jin?" Namjoon called out. Voice weak and coarse. It has appeared that he hasn't talked for a few days since his fever started due to the fact that he was too weak.

"J-Joonie?" Jin replied back, immediately rushing to his husband who is in a poor situation at the moment.

"Oh God, thank you and you've finally woken up! You don't know how much all of us are worried for you."

Namjoon could only curl up a little smile as he gestured his wife to come more closer to him so he could hug him a little bit. Though his arms were too weak to do so, he still managed to somehow wrap his hand around his wife even if it was loosely situated.

"I love you." Namjoon whispered which made Jin smile and well, send butterflies down his stomach.

"I love you more." Jin replied back, still continuing to snuggle more in his husband's chest.

"By the way?" Namjoon slowly let go of the hug and the older faced him, smiling gently at him.

"Hm?" Jin hummed, now putting the damp towel above Namjoon's head, soothing him a little.

"How is the baby?" Jin momentarily stopped on what he's doing, only to raise an eyebrow at the younger, totally confused on what he's talking about.

"W-What do you mean about the baby?" Jin asked, still confused.

"Aren't you pregnant?" Namjoon asks, making the older more confused than he is right now.

"No? Oh for goodness sake, Namjoon. We didn't even had the time to make one again!" Jin laughed, allowing everything to fall in confusion for the younger.

"W-What?" Namjoon asks once again, voice low.

"It's probably just a dream, Namjoon. Now go lay back down in bed and rest, I'll be checking on Taehyung for a whil-" but before Jin could even stand up from the bed and walk towards the door with the basin on his hand, his wrist got caught by Namjoon and eventually dragging him back down to bed reasoning for the basin to fall down on their black marble tiled floor.

"N-Namjoon-" but before Jin could even protest about it, Namjoon's soft lips captured the older's.

And the following events is not what Jin wanted.

After what happened to them, Jin had noticed a few changes to his body. The changes he had whenever he had a pregnancy and he was extremely happy about it. As much as he wanted to tell the younger about it, he is always gone for work, comes home pretty late and when he do, his excuse would always be: "I'm tired." "Let me rest." "Let's talk about this tomorrow." and so on.

Jin just shrugged it off and does what his husband says. But every attempts he makes, it just failed. Though Namjoon is still as sweet as ever, Jin couldn't help but feel suspicious about his husband's behavior.