Two - Paced Progress

A/N: Hey yall this is back. I'm not completely satisfied with this chapter but I promise that this story is gonna get real interesting, at least in my opinion. Very turbulent though, just warning yall.

Day 2 – Friday

Youngjae never spotted the two moles on Im Jaebum's left eyelid before they had started working together. They are very elegantly placed and contrast his rough eyes perplexingly. Youngjae never imagined that he would be sitting on top of a desk in an empty classroom, staring intensely but unintendedly into Im Jaebum's eyes. He never imagined that he would be this calm in the company of the boy who makes Yugyeom's legs shake with fear. It is dead quiet in the classroom and Jaebum is getting awkward and sick of avoiding Youngjae's intense gaze.

"Yo, should we start?" Youngjae blinks twice, returning from his daze. He goes red in the face because he has only ever read about getting lost in someone like this and had never expected that this exact man would draw him in like that.

"Sorry..." Never let that happen again.

"How do we start?"

"Why don't we try to explain the concepts of each word." Jaebum nods.

"I'll start." Youngjae straightens his back and readies himself for Jaebum's next words. Jaebum clears his throat. "Evil. Evil isn't always evil... That might be a good place to start. Evil is evil when there's something to be evil for. Evil doesn't just trigger itself but when evil has a reason to be evil it makes a lot of unfair decisions." Youngjae listens closely, nodding after each sentence and taking mental notes of everything. "Evil is not necessarily selfish. It just doesn't care about the damage it does for whatever mission it might have... I think that's all I have for now. Your turn."

"Good is," Youngjae starts and a smile spreads across his face as he thinks for a second. "Good is when you don't need a reason. Good is being able to balance your own wellbeing and others'. That compromise is essential for a good person. Good is making others happiness become yours," Youngjae firmly nods, biting his lip. He is satisfied with his attempt at defining such a big word.

"Even good people are selfish."

"How so?" Youngjae asks curiously.

"Even if you save someone from getting run over or if you donate money to a charity it's because you feel good afterwards. If you got beat up for each good deed you did a lot fewer people would do them."

"I wouldn't because I would know I had done something good for someone."

"Exactly my point. YOU would know that YOU had done something good for someone. If you'd get beat up, you could tell yourself how much more of a good of a person you are." Youngjae hesitates for a moment as he watches Jaebum smirk at him because he seems to be winning this discussion.

"What about the people who die in someone else's stead? If I jump in front of a car to save someone else."

"Let's say a kid is standing in front of a moving train and you push him away, getting run over, then you do it for the sake of your species, which is the instinct that lies in us all. Again, it's about yourself because you don't want your species to die out and even more so if it's family. Even if you die your genes live on." Youngjae frowns. "Did I just make the happiest kid at school depressed?" He throws his head back with a laugh.

"I'll have an answer to that the next time I see you," Youngjae pouts at the laughing boy in front of him. Jaebum looks kind this way. His laugh is less cold when Youngjae has him alone. Youngjae does not mention this because he knows perfectly well that it will make it end. He will become conscious of what he is doing. He never imagined that Jaebum would be this easy to talk to.