Fourteen - DoomsDay - part 2

The bell's ringing is a lot sharper today than any other day. To most of the school, this sound means go home and relax but for those who chose to take part in the school production, this means rehearsal. To seven particular boys, this means confrontation, at least today. The order of which they enter is as follows:

Mark arrives from his history lesson to an almost empty auditorium. His classroom is just down the hall and the history teacher is always just as eager to finish up early as the students are. He goes up on stage and finds the usual corner backstage for his things. He mutters a swift hello to Jimin, who is already preparing all of the paint for the last few touch-ups. She is always early and might as well have been assigned prop team leader because she has certainly been filling that role from the beginning. She does it well and the whole time they have all liked having her around. She somehow knows where everything is and how to fix issues that no one else knows how to fix.

Jackson reaches for the door handle when Jaebum turns the corner.

"Hi," he says awkwardly to Jackson, whose movement has paused at the meeting. He pushes the handle down as he mumbles a "hello" in return. They both feel tense all the way down to the stage, where they both sigh in relief at the sight of Mark greeting them with a deeply genuine smile because Mark always smiles at weird times.

"Jimin says we only have the background for the last scene left to paint."

"The one that has to be perfect?" Mark nods as the three move over to the corner where Mark's things lie messily. "Miss Kwon really cares about that last scene." They set their things down.

"It feels like it's all we've been rehearsing," Jaebum says with dull annoyance.

Jinyoung, BamBam and Yugyeom come in together to an almost full crew. Miss Kwon has just arrived and on stage they see Jaebum being shown an outfit by that shy girl from costumes. BamBam jogs down to help the poor girl talk to Jaebum, who is almost as intimidating to her as he used to be to Yugyeom.

"I talked to her once, her cheeks looked like they were about to explode," Jinyoung says with an adoring chuckle. "She's so cute. She's almost like a little cartoon." Yugyeom joyfully snickers. Mark and Jackson come out on stage because there is no need to start painting when they can watch BamBam try and help Hana ask Jaebum if he is okay with what she chose. Jaebum is patiently waiting for her to be finished and his eyes are filled with deep interest. Mark tilts his head.

"He's a good boy. So weird." Mark never spends his words on that kind of conversation and Jackson gives him the furrowed eyebrows, to which Mark points his tongue at him. They giggle and bump shoulders. Jinyoung and Yugyeom reach the pile of clothes and bags and put their stuff on top. BamBam's things soon make an appearance there too.

Youngjae comes jogging, aware that he is one of the last to arrive because his teacher was mid-lecture when the bell rang. BamBam is back in front of Jaebum with two shirts, trying to decide between them. Hana nods every time BamBam makes a point like nothing ever happened at lunch. Mark and Jackson are painting that all-important background for the ending scene like nothing ever happened at lunch. Jinyoung is slithering not-so-elegantly out of his private little box, not bothering with the door behind him like nothing ever happened at lunch. Yugyeom is showing another dancer how to do the perfect body roll and they laugh like nothing ever happened at lunch.

Youngjae explains to Miss Kwon who nods understandingly. His coat and his backpack put a finish to the pile in the corner. It looks a mess but no one notices because time is ticking and it is not long before the premiere.

"Hey Samael," Youngjae greets Jaebum.

"Phenex," Jaebum replies in his still stance where BamBam is testing shirts. Work faces are on and roles are being entered.