Six - Above Average

Day 12 – Monday

"You boys are just getting better and better," Jackson hears Miss Kwon say as he walks across the stage. He smiles to himself and sits back down in the corner of the stage floor where the huge background is set up to be painted. Mark is painting away quietly, looking like he has nothing on his mind. What Mark thinks about is a mystery to everyone and Jackson is such a curious person.

"Hear that? They're getting good. It looks like it too. They do a convincing job," Jackson shares excitedly with Mark. He looks up at Jackson and nods with a smile. "Ah, say something. You never talk." Jackson bashes his head with the dry paintbrush in his hand.

"Yah," Mark laughs and paints a red line down Jackson's cheek. He makes a displeased face and threatens Mark with his clenched fist. They both stifle their laughter so that they don't interrupt their friends rehearsing.

"Mark, I have a question."

"Shoot." Mark picks his brush back up and begins to paint.

"Why do you choose not to speak?" Mark pulls up his shoulders in a shrug and Jackson gives him his 'are you kidding me' look. "Of course you know. You know everything." Mark sighs, a small smile showing on his features.

"I'm fine with not sharing my thoughts. I like that they're just for me." He shrugs again but with a hint of sheepishness this time. Jackson knows his shrugs, so this one makes him smile. He knows that Mark has a lot of charm to offer that gets lost with his unspoken words. Jackson glances over at Mark's brush as it paints the background skillfully. They have been painting a lot these days.

"Hey!" Jackson gets a playful look in his eyes; like a child doing the opposite of what they have been told. "Paint me like one of your bitchy admirers," he says referring to the little clique of gossip girls who have dedicated their school days to be obsessing over Im Jaebum, Park Jinyoung and Mark Tuan. Jackson's had his fun roasting them with his friends. Mark raises an eyebrow.

"Now?"

"Yes, paint me now. I look adonic." (he's been curious to try out the word and has gotten the idea that it suits him well...) Jackson will not let it go until it is done because Jackson is that kind of person. His determination goes hand in hand with his curiosity and his undying love for pushing the boundaries. Basically, Jackson loves doing what he's not supposed to as long as no one is hurt by it. "We have a tonne of time left to paint this thing." Jackson gets up and leaves the stage as the dancers enter. Jaebum and Youngjae are on a break. Jaebum finds himself a corner where he can think so Youngjae doesn't know what to do. He is pulled in by BamBam who insists that he should go talk to Jaebum but Jinyoung has already taken the liberty to do so.

"Hey, I know it's weird. My advice is to do what feels best. Just be careful not to hurt Youngjae too much." Jinyoung smiles weakly at his friend and leaves him alone. Youngjae soon gives up the idea of talking to Jaebum because he looks like he needs to think right now. Instead, he sits down next to BamBam and they watch the dancers practice. Jinyoung quietly joins them.

"Hi," Youngjae smiles.

"Jaebum is... confused," Jinyoung says so only Youngjae can hear him and Youngjae looks at him. Jinyoung smiles a grown up's smile right at him and Youngjae thanks him. He can't help but smile a little. At least he isn't mad.

The rehearsal ends. The door shuts and silence takes over the auditorium. Jaebum takes a deep breath. He walks up to the stage with determination. As he steers his body in Youngjae's direction, Youngjae stiffens in fear because Jaebum's eyes look far from soft. He gets to Youngjae, and he wraps his arms around the angel's waist and puts his chin awkwardly on the angel's shoulder. He is shining blindingly bright up close. He has never gotten that close to Youngjae and now he can smell a citrusy lotion that he now knows Youngjae uses. Youngjae is frozen for a good few seconds before he gets the courage to sneak his arms around Jaebum's torso, bringing them even closer. Youngjae can feel the hard chest underneath Jaebum's shirt and he takes a deep breath to calm himself. He breathes in Jaebum's cologne and immediately finds that this was a mistake. The cologne smells sweet but sharp, somewhat like Jaebum himself and Youngjae can't help but place his face in the crook of Jaebum's neck. Jaebum doesn't know what to do next so he stays in the hug and Youngjae really doesn't mind. Jaebum minds less and less for each second.