Twenty-nine - Lost Lips

A/N:  So sorry this is so late!!!
I was so tired yesterday while trying to stay awake till evening so I could cheat the jetlag (sidenote: It worked, yay). I've spent today getting this chapter together. I think you'll really like what I did here. It is quite interesting.  

Jackson watches his best friend take off safely in the hands of his boyfriend and he smiles proudly at the two until they are completely out of sight. His body feels more and more uncomfortable to be stuck in as he stands there alone with no distractions from his racing mind. "Jack?" Mark approaches him and he turns with a different kind of smile. "Did Jaebum and Youngjae leave?"

"Yes, Youngjae's parents are going to Jaebum's place so they are gonna 'sleep' at Youngjae's because they're 'tired' aka sexy time," Jackson explains with a somewhat off smile. Mark raises his eyebrows.

"Imagine that. Jaebum sleeping with a guy," Mark chuckles at his long-time friend who he would never have expected to take such a huge turn - and so suddenly.

"You know, I'd rather not," Jackson laughs. Mark can tell he is a mix of excited and nervous for his friend who is about to have sex with a guy who has proved himself to be unpredictable more than enough times which has hurt Youngjae a lot.

"Jaebum has never been this sure about something so out of his element," Mark says with an arm around Jackson's shoulder. Nodding is all that Jackson can respond with followed by a quick smile of appreciation. He knows deep down that Jaebum is the best for Youngjae and that his heart has found its right place where it can love Youngjae the most. He must admit that he is enjoying Jaebum's company a lot these days. He is sure this group of friends will only grow stronger in the future. Jinyoung, BamBam and Yugyeom come over and Mark retells what Jackson just told him.

"Way to go, Jaebum!" Jinyoung says excitedly. "That's gonna be interesting to hear him retell." Jinyoung smirks but with a hint of pride and sentimentality for his friend who has come a long way from where he started.

"It's been a while for Youngjae hasn't it?" Yugyeom asks without thinking that Youngjae might have liked for that fact to be kept secret and BamBam nods with just as little regard for the confidentiality of their friend's sex life status. Jackson slaps Yugyeom's arm with a stern protective look and Yugyeom squirms backwards.

"Hey," Jackson warns. BamBam takes a look at the hand Jackson has raised in the air and his mouth shuts. "Don't go sharing private information about your friends. I'm sure he would tell them but that's for him to decide," Jackson defends his best friend who he feels is too honest and trusting to be leaking information about. Jackson does, however, remember the last person Youngjae slept with; his old friend who had also come from Hong Kong a few years later than Jackson had. Youngjae had fallen under his spell and they dated for a few months but what deceit can do, how petty a pretty one can turn out to be. Jackson feels himself start to fume at the memories. He hates that someone could think to use Youngjae the way he did. BamBam pats Jackson on the shoulder because he can tell by the concentration on his angered face that he is mutely screaming his otherwise unspoken name.

"Jaebum is a good guy," BamBam whispers into Jackson's ear and he attempts to push away the memories of Youngjae's first boyfriend because they have become unimportant now that he has found the person he can trust with all the love he has in him and that alone is all the reassurance Jackson really needs, worried and sceptic as he is. Jackson reaches for Yugyeom and BamBam's hands and he feels comforted here.

"Wanna do something?" Jinyoung suggests and it pulls all five of them out of the previous conversation. "I feel like our lives have revolved around the two of them for so long and now that we can finally let go it feels odd to just go home and be alone." Jackson smiles at Jinyoung and he smiles back so they, for a moment, look like proud parents.