Three - Growling Gambles

Day 7 - Wednesday

When Youngjae isn't around it is much easier for Jaebum to act harshly and he is finding it increasingly frustrating that whenever Youngjae is in the same room as him, his whole person softens. Mark and Jinyoung have both noticed but they don't mention it to him, instead they share glances as they watch how his voice drips honey when it is speaking to Youngjae. They observe how Youngjae's laugh makes him laugh too and they know, to some extent, what that means. Mark gets up from Jinyoung's side as the prop team's break ends. He goes back to the brush and the paint, sitting across from Jackson as they work on the background for the scene where Youngjae has disguised himself as a TV repairman to win over the human that the two are fighting over. Youngjae tries to turn him bad, while Jaebum tries to turn him good. Youngjae uses filthy tricks and mantras while Jaebum does his best to go by the rules.

"Jaebum is softening," Mark tells Jackson. He looks up in surprise because Mark rarely speaks and then he raises his eyebrows because he doesn't believe what Mark is telling him. "It's because of Youngjae," he goes on. Jackson moves forward in his chair in surprise.

"Seriously?" Mark nods. "Are you sure?" Mark nods again before pointing out at the two, who have just been sent on a break. Jackson's eyes shoot to where he is pointing. Jaebum is talking to Youngjae, then he ruffles his hair before leaving Youngjae there, probably to spend his break with Jinyoung. Youngjae's smile doesn't leave his face for a good ten seconds as he walks around in a little circle.

Jackson looks at Mark, back at Youngjae and back to Mark again. "They're getting along," Jackson nods at Mark.

"Jaebum never acts like that and as soon as Youngjae leaves the room he's cold as ice again." Mark raises his eyebrows knowingly and Jackson seems to be catching on further.

"He isn't... Gay is he?"

"Oh, no no. Definitely not but I'm not sure how to identify that look because I've only ever seen his eyes that warm when he... I shouldn't say." Mark shakes his head and smiles apologetically at Jackson, who doesn't nag him about it but notices the change of tone in Mark's voice as he stops himself.

"I've actually noticed the difference in the way Youngjae speaks of him since last week when we started. He's cutting him a lot of slack, despite the punch and everything. I don't think it's possible for Youngjae to truly hate though. He's too forgiving but they both grew accustomed quicker than I thought they would."

"Youngjae should still be careful. Jaebum's rage is easily triggered if you say the wrong thing."

"That doesn't surprise me... Probably shouldn't mention the gay thing then," Jackson cracks up and Mark attempts to keep a straight face, failing quite miserably.

"Get your ass up and grab your bag. We're going on a field trip today," Jaebum instructs after rehearsal as Youngjae and himself have been left alone in the auditorium. Youngjae does as he is told, following Jaebum out of the room. Youngjae's curiosity goes beyond waiting to see where he is being lead to. He looks at Jaebum with questioning eyes but he doesn't notice.

"Where are we going?"

"Would you agree that bad guys are bigger risk takers than good guys? To make sure I don't contradict what I said yesterday I would like to point out that I mean a selfish... Stupid, if you will, risks and therefore saving someone from a beating doesn't count."

"In that case, yes, probably."

"Okay... Let's go then." Youngjae gets nervous because angels don't like selfish or stupid, if you will (and Youngjae sure will), risks. He grabs a hold of Jaebum's sleeve, tugging on it. Jaebum looks over his shoulder to find Youngjae's eyes glistening with fear.