Sequel - OMW

It is redundant for Mark to explain to Miss Kwon what his book is about on that Wednesday evening where old pupils of all years and their teachers gather in the canteen. "Oh, yes, I can only imagine the events you've been able to draw on. I will very much look forward to reading it once you're published." As if she knows, the way she always did it, she speaks of her former student with sure assessment and Mark has a faint idea that it is why her students nearly always end up excelling at what they do.

"Actually, if you have time, maybe I could run a couple of chapters by you? Even though you're not my teacher anymore?" Mark takes a sip of the welcome drink that, to his surprise, was not elderflower and sparkling water but actual champagne. "I guess everyone here is over 18," Mark thought aloud to Jackson earlier as they took their first sip together. Miss Kwon looks overjoyed at the suggestion and takes a sip of her own champagne.

"Sure. I'll give you my email address and I'll make sure to read whatever you've got for me."

"Perfect!"

As Miss Kwon finishes writing her e-mail address into Mark's notes, Youngjae comes waddling with his big signature smile and Jaebum's hand in his.

"Hi, Miss Kwon." She gasps in joy and rushes to hug the two boys who she grew to adore for their talent but most of all, their incredible will to change.

"Dear me, you both look as good as ever! How are you?" They tell her all about starting school after New Years and it nearly brings tears to Miss Kwon's eyes. "Gosh, that's incredible – and Mark is writing a book. I knew you would all be doing amazing things." Jackson, Jinyoung, BamBam and Hana approach with BamBam talking to his phone.

"Yugyeom, look," BamBam says and turns his phone so Miss Kwon can see Yugyeom through facetime and vice versa.

For most of the event, the boys talk to Miss Kwon or the others from the play. Jimin even holds a speech where she puts Jaebum's extreme change into words with humour and friendliness. "It was the talk of our year. In fact, I vividly remember the day the trio lost their matching leather jacket aesthetic and Jaebum ever so casually showed up in a bucket hat. Before I had seen it, I had heard all about it. The whispers in the halls were unavoidable. There was something about his smile that day that made me realise what these years have – also – taught us; that we haven't figured it all out yet and maybe we don't need to. Maybe the day will come where Jaebum realises how kinda tacky those bucket hats are or maybe they will stick because they miraculously look good on him but either way, Jaebum will be fine, we all will." Be the end of it Jaebum's ears were burning but there is a little smile on his face too, an unadulterated, unspoiled, hopeful smile that believes, even though there is a lot of figuring out to do, he will be fine.

Saturday morning, a week after everything fell apart and came back together again, Youngjae pulls up in front of Mark's house and finds him leant back in a garden chair with his hands resting on his stomach and his legs crossed. "First one," he announces to Youngjae as he exits his car. "The others should get here soon. They wouldn't want to be late, I'm sure."

"If I know Jackson, and I do," Youngjae makes eyes at his absent friend, "he'll show up last minute."

Jackson does show up last minute and jumps into the backseat of Youngjae's car and is startled by the fact that Jaebum is not here next to Youngjae. Before he can ask, BamBam turns around with a grin and says: "Jinyoung forced him into the other car."

Snickering erupts from Mark that travels to Jinyoung as they call Jaebum cute to which he very crankily explains that he is not cute, he is sexy. This, however, helps his case in no way as his friends of many years simply laugh harder. "I'm sure the other car would've agreed," he mutters with his arms crossed and his eyes avoiding his friends'. Jinyoung slaps his shoulder to get him loosened up.