Ten - Heavenly Hills

Day 27 – Tuesday

"Brilliant work boys, but I need more tension. It's a love-hate relationship between Phenex and Samael, so they feel very mixed emotions towards each other. Can you bring that out a little more?" They share a look as to say, 'she has no idea'. Youngjae and Jaebum pull out the memories of the day before and Miss Kwon seems pleased.

"I win. She already has a whole list of sins to her name and she does not look like she is about to go pray for forgiveness anytime soon, sugar." The last word pops boastfully off Phenex's sharp tongue and with so much pure and evil excitement that it nags Jaebum behind the facial expression of his character. Samael looks down at his apron with disappointment and mournful over a soul lost to hell. "If you wished to save her so badly you should have come after me instead of lazying around here, eh?" Phenex is the kind of demon to raise an eyebrow but the boy playing him is still in the phase of practising in front of the bathroom mirror.

"I was making you a meal," Samael mumbles, his eyes still gloomily focused downward.

"What'd ya say?" Samael looks up and erases the disappointment from his features.

"Enough crowing. You gloat with such pride as if your work is noble. You have ruined another soul, a soul that could have been saved." Phenex de-coats as Samael lectures him at the end of another day in their endless lives. They have both stopped counting their years long ago. There comes a day where it begins to feel pointless when you know you will never cease to exist.

"Oh, Samael." Phenex sits on the sofa's armrest. "You are too good for your own good. You even cooked." Samael's face lights up by the acknowledgement, not because Samael needs it but because he wishes positive things upon Phenex every night. That smile is one of them.

"Like a big realisation, it will surprise you with a change of heart," Samael mutters to himself.

They end rehearsal quietly and Jaebum's lesson is weak and without much effort, but at least he is present.

Day 28 – Wednesday

"I can't do the extra practice today," Jaebum says as when they are sent on a short break. "I have a thing."

"A thing," Youngjae sighs. His disappointment is easy to trace on his features. "It's important that you come Friday. I have an important thing to show you." Jaebum huffs and runs a hand through his hair. Youngjae saw the curiosity hidden in his eyes behind all the ice.

Like a big realisation, it will surprise you with a change of heart

Day 29 – Thursday

Jaebum doesn't show up on Thursday, Jinyoung tells the teachers that it is due to a private matter. Youngjae notes that the two don't look too tip-top themselves and he fears what Jaebum finds so horrid about Youngjae being gay that even his friends look exhausted. He tries to hold back his overly curious self for the rest of the day as he asks leading questions to Jackson, who he thinks might know something. Jackson doesn't give any useful answers nor does he seem to realise what Youngjae is hinting at (Youngjae might have been a bit too subtle). Youngjae goes to speak to BamBam for some wise words and Yugyeom listens in too.

"Jinyoung is coming your way," BamBam says and leaves Youngjae alone, confused as he turns around to spot Jinyoung smiling kindly at him.

"Can I get you some coffee after practice?" Surprise over this question makes him hesitate. "I think you'd like to hear what I have to say."

"Okay," Youngjae responds and Jinyoung seals the deal with a firm smile before he walks back over to Mark. BamBam and Yugyeom come running with questions.