Thirty - Joyous Joking

Epilogue day 1 Saturday

A low grumble breaks the peaceful silence of his boyfriend's bedroom. The owner of this tired sound searches for the nearest watch; his phone, and he grumbles again at the 8:04 on the lit-up phone screen. He squints his eyes and makes a face before placing his phone back down on the bedside table and burying his face back into his boyfriend's available neck.

"Good morning," his boyfriend mumbles.

"It's 8 in the morning. We're not moving an inch," he grumbles as he grabs a tighter hold of the other boy's waist. He adds a squeeze that causes a tiny squeak from the receiver.

"Fine by me," his boyfriend mutters into the softness of the dark locks next to him. "I would stay here forever if you would want me to." His boyfriend's lips drip words that taste of honey and his hand is gingerly caressing the face of his favourite boy. He starts by the chin and moves slowly up towards the two moles above his one eye. He hums sweetly at the soft touch but is cut off halfway by a loud banging on the locked door. It shocks them both into a moment of paralysation. "We're sleeping," his boyfriend yells as loudly as he can but considering the bliss of sleepiness he was just in, that is not very loud.

"Rise and shine lover boys." It's his boyfriend's brother. His boyfriend scoffs and pulls him closer. There is another knock and his boyfriend is starting to get annoyed.

"Just go for a damn run and leave us alone."

"Leave them alone, you idiot." It's his boyfriend's sister this time. Thank god for her, he thinks as it quiets down outside the bedroom door.

"He just had to ruin the mood," his boyfriend growls as he attempts to return to it with all his powers. The effort is flattering so he cuts him some slack.

"Let's just get up. It's fine." He kisses the other's nose for extra reassurance and gets a grumble in return. He doesn't take it personally. They both know how much they would have liked that morning after-moment to last longer but it's okay, he was wanting to brush his teeth anyways to spare his boyfriend from the morning breath.

"How are you feeling?" His boyfriend slings his legs out of bed and he can easily imagine the meeting between a cool floor and warm toes.

"Quite content, except for being woken up by your brother." He steals a little kiss on the cheek as he moves his legs out on either side of his boyfriend's for the most skin on skin contact available to him. "You?" His lips seek out the same cheek again.

"I'm great. A bit sore but that's not so surprising considering how long it's been."

"How long has it been exactly?" His curiosity is peaking now and he has actually wanted to clarify whether or not that one shitty boyfriend was the only one he has had sex with.

"Well over a year. I didn't have any sex in between him and you." He responds with a hum as his suspicions are confirmed. He feels a sting of sadness that the man who has made him see light in this world had to lose his virginity to a bastard like he did but he also takes pride in the fact that he gets to, hopefully, not give him the same experience. After all that and so long in between, his boyfriend let him have him the way he did and he cherishes that more than he can even fathom.

"You know, I love and care for you so much. I promise to be the best I can be so you'll never leave me." His boyfriend chuckles at the sudden outburst of emotion.

"Why would I ever leave you?" His boyfriend squeezes his hand and the wave of emotion does anything but stop him from crushing his chuckling boyfriend in a tight hug with his cheek pressed up against his back. "I've dated about five guys only two of which turned into an actual relationship and you're the cutest one of them."