Eleven - Smokey Surprise

Day 33 – Monday

Miss Kwon smiles extra brightly today and it's all the talk between Jaebum's and Youngjae's friends. When the leads leave to grab a cup of coffee, one black and full of sugar, the five boys have gathered by Mark and Jackson who have been listening in more than they have been painting.

"She is really positive, basically starstruck," Jinyoung opens and group huddles further to discuss their two friends "I'm curious about that trip."

"Jaebum is also staying quiet?"

"He seemed very secretive."

"Youngjae did mention something about a new rule. Are they gonna keep their mouths shut from now on?" BamBam asks like he's been pondering this.

"Most likely the case," Mark says and they all nod. Mark and BamBam figured it out as per usual, not that this was a hard one to crack. Jackson frowns.

"I was getting really into their story."

"Even if they did tell us stuff before I'm sure even then they left out things then."

"I would suggest we spy on them but I'm sure that's a horrible idea and will most likely get us into trouble with," Yugyeom gulps, "Jaebum."

"Stop being so goddamn afraid of him, Yugyeom. He's good enough for Youngjae, so don't worry."

"Yeah, but Youngjae is fearless."

"Youngjae is not fearless," Jackson chuckles.

"The kid has a point," Mark breaks in. "Youngjae is very fearless. No one else would have been able to tackle Jaebum like he did if they didn't have the guts for it. He's a serious knot that not even we have been able to untie." Jinyoung nods along.

"Very, very true. You don't know what we've had to deal with this past month. Jaebum has changed too fast for his own head and it's confusing the hell out of him. He's had tantrums, he's been acting strange and he's been... Sharing feelings. He never shares feelings with anyone. Youngjae has done the impossible." Jackson and BamBam make subtle eyes at Jinyoung and he knows to shut up. He turns to see Youngjae and Jaebum coming towards them.

"What are you guys huddling for?" Jaebum asks at the tightly gathered group. Jackson goes back to painting like he was never a part of this, leaving the rest to find an excuse that is somewhat believable.

"Just chilling."

"Just chilling," Jaebum repeats with a slow nod and a sarcastic smile. He elbows Youngjae gently in the ribs. They both know and they share a look to confirm this. They drop the interrogation to spare themselves from their friends' horrible attempts at making further excuses.

Youngjae stretches his tired arms as they settle down in the little circle. His hand lands in Jaebum's lap in thoughtlessness and too much comfort. It immediately attracts five pairs of overly curious eyes.

"Oh sorry," Youngjae apologises in panic. He plays it off well and Jaebum's calm face throughout helps it along too. They share a quick stressed look and thank god that their acting has gotten this good.

The seven of them leave together that day. The usual group of girls with no lives stand outside the auditorium waiting for them. At this point, none of the crewmembers even spare them a glance. That includes Jaebum, Youngjae and their friends. Youngjae is just relieved the girls don't follow him all the way home.

Youngjae's phone vibrates as he lets his backpack slide off.

Jaebum: Meet me at the train station.

Youngjae: We're in Seoul, there are a million of those.

Jaebum: The one around the corner from your place. I'm already there.