Twenty-one - Drowned Darkness

A/N:  I'm exploding with excitement for you guys to read this. I seriously hope it's good to you all.

There is being counted to 30 and Youngjae is in the broom cupboard. Not a lot of people know that the door underneath the stairs is usually unlocked moreover many don't even realise it is there but, apparently, Jaebum does because at about second 25, he comes rushing in and they startle each other in the heavy darkness. Some light streams in from underneath and above the door that has closed behind Jaebum. It is enough for them to recognise each other instantly.

"I hate these games," Jaebum mumbles and Youngjae hums in agreement. Sometimes the adrenaline is too much and if the space is cramp you start to get sore. Luckily, they can stand and walk around in here freely which is why they both thought of this spot to begin with.

"I'm glad you came in here. To be completely honest with you, this isn't my favourite place to be all alone in," Youngjae admits to Jaebum who chuckles as silently as possible.

"I know you well by now so I'm not that surprised." Youngjae's eyes have gotten slightly used to the darkness and see Jaebum's toothy smile quite clearly now. It is adorable how his eyes crease into thin lines and his cheeks rise and grow more prominent. Youngjae smiles his own charming smile back at Jaebum who loves how Youngjae's eyes crease into thin lines and how his teeth show as he does his little deep giggle that crumbles Jaebum's newly softened heart.

Both Jinyoung and Yugyeom are unlucky enough to have been chosen as two of the five to seek. They have teamed up and they take a tactical approach to the game.

"Mark is going to be smart about this. He is probably hiding really well but really close to the starting point and Jaebum is just straight up lazy. He will hide in a spot he can move around in or at least lie down in. I would not be surprised if we find him in his sleeping bag," Jinyoung shares the thought process of his friends and Yugyeom thinks about it for a little bit.

"Jackson is hiding somewhere idiotically obvious but he will probably still be the last one to be found. That's usually how it goes. BamBam will hide somewhere inconvenient. A small space that only his skinny limbs can fit into. Youngjae is harder to place but I think he is either hiding with Jackson or somewhere comfortable like Jaebum." Jinyoung nods as he goes through the different options in his head.

"Maybe they're both hiding in Jaebum's sleeping bag," Jinyoung jokes with a sleazy smile.

Mark and Jackson are hiding in opposite ends of the same room. Jackson is standing behind a drawn back curtain and no one will initially think that a person is standing behind it so he might be lucky that no one checks. Mark is sitting on the floor inside a cardboard box that looks sealed but Mark has pushed the open side up against the wall so no one will think to check it. It is big too so he can sit comfortably inside it. BamBam is cramped in a cupboard in another room and his neck started hurting even before the countdown was over so he is at a point where he considers the risk of changing his spot.

"Jaebum," Youngjae whispers. He gets a hum in return. The darkness makes it easier for them to look each other in the eye and ask questions that get frightened in the sun's spotlight. "I think I know but tell me why you kissed me." Jaebum hesitates with his answer but Youngjae feels hopeful and he cannot shatter this boy's hope yet again.

"I felt something that I don't know how to deal with and I don't know how I'll figure out." Youngjae breathes heavily. He has this (Jaebum wouldn't say devilishly) lustful vibe to him as he pushes himself gently off from the wall opposite Jaebum. He moves closer with careful and awaiting steps. Each one awaits a reaction from Jaebum, something that tells him to either stop or continue but he gets nothing. Youngjae's eyes are curious about Jaebum's so they don't shy away from the intense eye contact.