*Janah*

Ship: Janiel

Pair: JackxJoanh

Type: normal

Song: whatever it takes by imagine dragons

Warnings: none 

thoughts in italics 

------------------------

12 years old 

Harder, Faster, Stronger, More Time, Not Good Enough. 

The thoughts ran through Jacks' head as he ran more laps around the field, soccer ball at his feet almost tripping over it. "Damn it...still slow," He said panting as he looked down at the stopwatch on his phone. "20 more" his coach, Thomas, yelled at him "Gotta be better Jack," He said and shook his head as Jack started more laps. The poor kid had been doing laps for hours and his legs hurt more than ever; he couldn't stop though he needed to be better. 

"Run Jack!" He was yelled at making him run faster and faster as he got even more exhausted. So many laps later he collapsed in front of  Tomas, heart beating out of his chest as he panted more than before.

"You're still slow," Thomas said dryly "go do abs recollect yourself before you run again"  He walked away to take a phone call as Jack sat down and started with sit-ups. Everything hurt and continuing wasn't helping but he had to do it, he had to be better. The curly-haired boy was playing on a team with boys twice his age and knew he needed to work harder than any of them to get on their level; he knew what he needed was to be just as good or better to play professionally one day. For a 12-year-old he wasn't normal but normal wouldn't get him to an MLS team. 

"How many sets Kid?" His coach came over after 5 minutes and asked as he was still trying to finish his sit-ups. "Umm 7" he stuttered knowing he would disappoint, "*sigh* ok grab a ball again 30 more laps and you can go," He said as Jack got back up, head hung low and grabbed his soccer ball starting to run his final laps. 

"You don't move faster and ill move you down an age group" Thomas yelled as jack sped up; he needed to be better. 

'Damn it Damn it Damn it faster Jack not now don't get dizzy now ' he told himself on the final lap. Collapsing to his knees breathing heavy again his coach looked at his stopwatch and gave Jack a smile, not a normal occurrence. "good job kid" He patted Jack on the back and showed him his time, 10:02. "Go home and rest ill see you tomorrow Jack," Thomas said as he walked to his car leaving Jack to walk home the next 5 miles. 

16 years old

"Good try Jack just try and avoid Davis more so you can get the shot in" His new coach yelled to him; Jack just rolled his eyes and tried again. Missing the goal again he yelled out in frustration "Damn it" He yelled collapsing on his knees, putting his head in his hands. He once again disappointed himself and his coach; he'd been doing this for years and for some reason today he just couldn't make this shot. He felt a hand on his shoulder but paid no attention, "Jack your exhausted that's why you cant make it, go home and sleep eat something ok?" Jonah, the new coach told him. 

"No, I need to make it Jonah I need to be better!" He yelled frustrated as he went to grab his ball. Joanh looked at him before going up behind him and grabbing his shoulder turning him around, "Jack go home your not gonna get any better tonight, you need to get sleep and eat something. Your ligit skin and bones Jack if you don't go home and rest and eat your not playing in the game tomorrow" He said as Jack put his head down and mumbled an 'ok' before grabbing his stuff to walk home.