T W E L V E

Dean ran to his car. "What do you mean mommy's hurt, Mas?" He says, turning the engine on. "Corey found the box and he yelled at mommy. Then, he hit mommy and she fell down the stairs," Mason cries. "OK, Mas. I'm coming right now. Call Uncle AJ and tell him to come to the house, alright?" Dean explains to his son. "OK," then Mason hangs up the phone. Dean quickly called 911.

"Hello, 911. What's your emergency?" A lady on the phone answered. "Hi. My son just called me from work and told me that his mother fell down the stairs and is having trouble breathing," Dean explains to the woman as he runs a red light. "OK. Can you give me the address of the house so that way we can send an ambulance over?" She asks Dean. He tells her the address and soon hangs up the phone.

Usually, a drive from Dean's house to Becky's house was about 20 minutes. Usually. Dean drove so fast and violated so many driving rules, that he got there in about 6 minutes. He was surprised that he didn't get a ticket or no one called the police on him. He parked his car in the driveway and ran into the house. The door was left partially opened and he saw Mason trying to comfort Becky. Dean kneeled down to Becky's level, hearing her cry.

"Becks. Becks, look at me. What happened?" He says, holding her up from falling. She didn't answer, just kept crying and coughing. "Becks, look. It's me, Jon. I'm right here. Tell me what happened," Dean comforts her. "C-Corey slapped me and then I-I-I fell down the st-sta-stairs," She stutters as she cries. He noticed the blood all over her and all over the walls. "Mas, go get me a paper towel," He turns around.

When Mason leaves, AJ and Seth come barging in the door. "What happened?" Seth says kneeling to her level. "I swear to god, if I see Corey again, I'm gonna kill him," Dean says, taking the paper towel from Mason. "He slapped her and she fell down the stairs." Dean wipes the blood coming from her lips. He turns to face the guys.

"Can you guys take Mason out? I don't want him to see this." They nod and AJ picks him up. "No. I want to stay with daddy," he fidgets in AJ's arms. "Mas, I have to take mommy to the hospital. When she's all better, I'll let you go visit her, OK?" Dean explains to him. Eventually, the ambulance came and the guys left.

Some of the paramedics tried to get Becky on the stretcher, but she wouldn't budge. "Don't touch me," she kept saying as they tried to pick her up off the floor. "Becks, they're trying to help you," Dean tries explaining to her. Dean now knows that she's scared. Corey broke her. She's scared of people now. She fears that everyone will hurt her, both physically and emotionally. "I don't care, Jon. I don't want them to touch me," she says, now starting to cry. Dean sighed as he gets pulled away by one of the paramedics.

"Excuse me sir, but can you explain to me what happened?" "Uhh, I'm not totally sure, but she used to be my girlfriend. We broke up about 4 years ago, and she found out that she was pregnant with my child. We have been co-parenting for about a couple of days now. I was at home, when my son, Mason, called me. He told me that she fell down the stairs. He didn't really go in depth about what happened, but I rushed over here. She told me that her current boyfriend slapped her across the face, and she fell down the stairs," Dean explains as the paramedic writes down what he hears.

"Have you seen the abuse from her current boyfriend?" "No. I picked up Mason on Monday, and he told me what he does." "Is your son here right now?" He asked him. "No. My best friends came and picked him up about 10 minutes ago because I didn't want him to see what was going on."

"Ty, we need to get her to the hospital. Her heartbeat isn't steady and I can't get a good reading of her pulse," one of the paramedics call, getting both of the boys' attention. "Can you help us get her on the stretcher?" 'Ty' asks Dean. He nods as he makes his way back to Becky.

"OK, Becks. They're gonna take you to the hospital, so I'm gonna lift you up. Tell me when I'm hurting you, OK?" Dean kneels to her level. She's a bit skeptical at first, but she then nods. Dean picks her up bridal style as she winces in pain. "Stop," she whispered. "We're almost there. Just a couple more steps," he reassures.

After stopping and going a couple of times, he finally got her on the stretcher. "Dean, don't go," Becky whispers, holding his hand. "Don't worry; I'll be right behind you."

Edited: 7/24/18