Something has been taken from deep inside of me

A/N: Hello. Yes, I love to torture my characters. And yes I love angst and also roller coasters. But I promise that this has also happy stuff later on :)

Here we go!

-----------

It was like any other day for Mike Shinoda. Well like any other day after his wife left him. That wasn't really a sad thing, he was satisfied that they had divorced. Just he reason behind it was hurting his heart. Only Anna and their drummer, Rob knew why. Mike wouldn't have even wanted to tell him but now he was glad he blurted it out. Cause with Anna he couldn't talk about it. After Anna found out she had packed her bags instantly and left to her moms. Divorce wasn't final but they were trying to handle it as fast as possible. Anna's wish, he wanted to get rid of everything that reminded of him.

Now he was sitting in his home studio trying to create something. They were about to release a new album, and didn't have really anything else than interviews and rehearsals before they would hit the road again and start a big tour. But he was just obsessed with writing. Or more like trying to focus to something else than to the thoughts that were spinning in his head. Sighing he took a sip from his water bottle and stared at the computer screen.

He was wondering should he try to figure something else to do or just stay there. It had been a beautiful day and the sun was just setting. A walk seemed first like a good idea but then he would have to be alone with his thoughts. Suddenly he heard his phone ring and tossed the idea aside. The phone he had left to the kitchen cause he was annoyed when it was beeping all the time from notifications. Surely turning them off would have been a option too, but then he would have had to turn them back on.

Mike Shinoda, he answered the phone like he usually did when there was no caller ID.

"Mr. Shinoda, I'm calling from LA County General. Your number was found as ICE number from Mr. Delson's phone. He was brought here earlier today", a bright woman voice told him.

"Brad? What's happened?", Mike started to shake.

"I'm afraid we don't know. Police are investigating", the woman continued.

"I'm coming there. But he.... he is fine?", his voice was taut as the strings of a bow.

"He is alive", the woman said in a reassuring voice.

As they had ended the call Mike dialed Rob instantly and got out from his house.

"Yup"

Mike's voice was cracking now and he barely got his words out properly. "Rob, Brad is in County General. Can you... Could you come with me?"

He listened to the silence while running to his car. The drummer was apparently trying to process the words the emcee had said.

"What? Yeah, pick me up? How is he? What has happened?", Rob croaked.

"I don't know. They don't know. I'll be there in ten", the emcee mumbled and turned the engine on tossing his phone to the shotgun seat.

The drive felt excruciatingly long and he forced himself not to scream. Rob was pale as a sheet when he had picked him up and calling to rest of the band members. When they arrived at the hospital they ran inside trying not to knock anyone over.

"I got call earlier. I'm Mike Shinoda and my friend Mr. Delson is here", he panted at the desk.

"Mr. Shinoda, wait here. I'll get the doctor", a nurse nodded and turned on his heels.

"Mike calm down. I can already see you're about to strangle someone", the drummer whispered to the pacing man.

Mike couldn't believe this. Brad was hurt and he couldn't do anything to help him.

"Mr. Shinoda? Hello, I'm Mr. Delson's doctor", a white coated am was suddenly in front of them.

"Hello. Can we see him? What's going on?", Mike shook the hand the doctor offered not really feeling to have any kind of a small talk.

"Yes, in a minute. And you would also need to stay after cause the police wants to talk with you. I'm afraid that Mr. Delson has suffered severe injuries. He has also amnesia. CT scan was clear so we believe it is at least partially dissociative. He remembers otherwise perfectly but not what happened to him or what led to that. Police will talk to you more about it when they arrive. Usually this kind of memory loss isn't permanent ", the doctor explained calmly.