Best things come to those who wait

A/N: So. Here we are. Last chapter. I don't want to let go :( Been writing this for ten fucking months. Feels like I am ending something bigger. Gosh. Thank you all that stayed with me on this journey. Love you all <3

-----------

"God... This all has happened so fast", Mike sighed letting Brad hug him.

"Yeah. But it doesn't mean it isn't true. Remember once you said to me that it isn't? It has been a long way from that. Right?"

"But you have to understand why I was so confused. These things just don't happen. We have known for so many years, and then suddenly..." Mike shook his head smiling.

"And still it did", the guitarist raised his eyebrow.

"And still I wait for the day that I wake up alone realizing it was all just a dream. Call me skeptical, but I don't believe things that I can't affect myself."

"But you really have. Think about it. You can't make people fall in love with you but being you, that Mike that I have known forever, was one aspect. It still is", Brad noted.

"I know love isn't... well rational. And I should know that since I fell in love so suddenly, randomly", the half Asian sighed and shrugged.

"And it's really fucking weird to me that you have trusted me all this time as a friend, but then suddenly when I told about my feelings you suddenly turned apprehensive. It was like you didn't know me anymore. And it was still me", Brad raised his eyebrow.

Mike shook his head and sighed again. "Yeah, but the circumstances weren't normal. If you would have told it to me just like... in the middle of the tour or so, I would have believed you more easily. Even if you would have done it after my confession."

"And without the attack, we would have never been driven to the point that we would have confessed", Brad reminded him.

"I know. And I still hate to think something good came out of that. A person is dead after all and you were seriously wounded. What if you would have died? What would I had done then?"

Brad squeezed him tight and let out a sigh. "We shouldn't think about it. Not like that. I am still here. Of course, we need to be glad, but not ponder what if... that if I would have died. It's not something I want to use my time in."

"And I know you have to think about it all again in the trial. Which... I still don't know how it will go and is it possible to do so that you aren't there physically", Mike frowned.

"We will see that then. The investigators will explain it, I am pretty sure. And I hope they can arrange it so that we don't have to fly from Europe, or where the hell we are then, just for some hours. I know it's serious but that would still be stupid. If only it's possible", the guitarist shrugged.