Pretending I don't feel misplaced

A/N: Love you all :)

------

Rest of the day had went just like that. Mike watching TV trying so hard to not to check the social media. He didn't even want to see his phone and all the tags. Brad weeping on his lap and then falling to a restless sleep. Later Mike had ordered some food and even though Brad did eat only half of his portion Mike was so happy that he even did eat that much. It was more than nothing anyway.

Then they had gone to sleep. And cause Mike had a feeling that the last night wasn't an exception he helped Brad to his bedroom. What used to be his and Anna's bedroom. Just cause the bed was bigger than in the guest room and he wanted to avoid it happening again. Not that he wouldn't want Brad to wrap his arm around him and snuggle to his lap. But it was wrong. Deep down inside he knew it. Besides the shoulder shouldn't be bended. Rob had called to the doctor and texted then back to him that moving the shoulder would just cause more pain and prolong the healing process.

So when Mike woke up the next morning and felt the warm thin body pressed to his and his own arm around the other he sighed heavily. This isn't good. This isn't good at all, he thought. He was glad that Elisa would come back today. Cause then he wouldn't have to deal with this anymore. Well he would but at least he could do it in small doses and escape then to cry in his bed. Alone.

He pulled his arm away and rolled to the other side of the bed to sit on the edge. Normal daily routines waited and he was already sick of it all. Glancing around his shoulder to the still sleeping guitarist he stood and walked to the kitchen to prepare the breakfast. Then he would wake up Brad and make yet again another call to Rob.

Toast, spreads, ham, cheese. And coffee. The table looked decent even though he noticed that he would need to do some grocery shopping. Then he walked back to wake up the other. His heart started to thud quicker when he approached Brad. He could have never thought that loving someone would be so unbearable. It was crushing him. But Brad looked so peaceful. So calm and relaxed.

"Hey. Breakfast is ready", the emcee patted his leg carefully.

Brad opened his eyes just staring at him first, not moving. Then he got up to sit on the bed like some kind of a machine. But staring at Mike still. Which startled Mike. Yesterday the guitarist had stared mostly his hand or the floor. Now the beautiful brown eyes were looking at him same time confused and sad and same time like he had realized something.

"Brad. Are you okay?", Mike mumbled feeling uncomfortable.

The guitarist turned his gaze to his hand and nodded then standing up. Mike thought he saw a smile tug Brad's lip but it was so brief moment that he thought he must have imagined it. The guitarist followed him to the kitchen sitting down at the table. Mike poured the coffee to their mugs and got then the phone from the table.

"How is he today?", Rob answered the phone.

"Dunno. What about the statement? Did the management say anything about it?", Mike didn't want to talk about the guitarist when he was just across the table.

"I guess shouldn't be so surprised that you haven't seen it yet when we just told you not to go to social media but it's still weird. Yeah... It's there. Published. Just some hours ago", the drummer sighed.

"What's with the sigh?", Mike frowned and sipped his coffee.

"Just that. People can be so freaking mean. And the rumors... More rumors really. Just different kinds that we would have gotten without the statement. But don't worry. He won't see them, right? Not yet at least. And really... we shouldn't have even expected anything more. But it will all be forgotten later", Rob explained.