There's a fragile game we play

A/N:  What a day! The new Mike's songs are amaaaaazing and I can't wait the album in June o.O But on with the story. This isn't as angsty as the ones before. Just want to yell them "What are you doing!" Lol.

--------

"Brad? Do you wanna help?", Mike called his hands covered in raw pizza dough.

Few days had passed since the last incident and Brad had fallen back to his non-speaking state. Again. Mike didn't know was Brad trying to avoid him or just was it just something else. It was like there was an on-off switch and he somehow had accidentally switched it on and now back off. Or maybe it was turning off automatically cause he couldn't figure out anything he had done differently. Now he had gotten an idea and hoped that maybe it could work. The guitarist turned to look at him and just stared.

"Please? This needs more flour and I don't want to make a mess", he smiled showing his hands for the other.

Brad nodded then and walked slowly next to him, cautiously watching his face.

"Just sprinkle some flour there, I'll say when it is enough", Mike gestured towards the bag.

The other followed the instructions and stood still waiting what would happen next.

"What do you think. One large one or two smaller?", the emcee asked. He knew he wouldn't get an answer but he thought he wouldn't want to act like the other wasn't understanding him. Or that Brad's opinion didn't matter to him.

Brad shrugged and started to back off.

"Two maybe then. Oh, that's my phone! Could you hold it on my ear?", he said when his phone started to rang. Probably Rob since they hadn't talked in few days. Not after he had told about the kiss. And he knew he should have talked about what had happened but he didn't know how. He was even more confused than before and saying it out loud turned to be even more difficult.

The guitarist picked up the phone and after opening the line he pressed it against Mike's ear.

"I call you as soon as they called me. Mike the police are on their way to there. They want to talk with Brad", the drummer said his voice rough.

"But he doesn't talk", Mike mumbled trying to ignore the fact that Brad was just beside him.

"I told it to them. But they are investigating it as first degree and I felt they are rather desperate to find the killer", the other answered.

"Right. Well... Okay", Mike mumbled. Talking to a police was the last thing he had in mind for that day.

Rob sighed. "So just heads up. How is it going?"

"Brad is holding my phone. I am making pizza for us. Dough and all", the half Asian said feeling distracted. He really didn't want to talk with the cops. Nor wanted them to talk with Brad. Cause he knew it wouldn't help anything if Brad didn't remember.

"That's all. You sound... Suspicious", Rob knew him way too well.

"Dammit. I said he is holding my phone!", Mike almost yelled.

Like he could add that yeah they kissed again and it was like heaven and he doesn't know where to now. He wanted it to be true but he knew Brad didn't love him like that. He couldn't. And it hurt so much more when he knew it was just temporary. A phase. And then it would be all over and Brad would go back to his wife. The woman that slapped him. Which angered him more.

But then the doorbell rang and his train of thought derailed.

"Heard that. That's the police now", Rob sighed.