down the road

6 months down the road

Chris's POV

Tonight I'm taking alley out on our first date night in forever. I'm sitting at lunch talking to my dad and he says "how'd you meet alley again?"

I smile and say "we met at my concert in Roanoke, VA in 2012. I moment I walked back stage after the show to check on her she was smiling and when I asked her how she was she just smiled and said "I knocked him out"

his dad smiles and says "I think you found the one."

I chuckle and say "yea dad she's the one."

he says "your gonna pop the question tonight aren't you?"

I smile and say "yea I think I am. as soon as I go pick up her ring and we go out tonight."

Throw back

alley had came with her boyfriend to my concert. not being with kayden long she didn't know he was an alcoholic and an abusive one at that. 4 songs in I saw her smiling and singing along til saw her boyfriend take a swing at her. as soon as I saw him take that swing her I had to stop it. I stopped the music and starting yelling for security. before security got to there seats in the 5th row I saw alley stand up with blood running from her nose and mouth. she stands there looking at him for a second then hauls back her arm and take a big swing at kayden. since he hit her frst she wasn't arrested but kayden was. alley was taken back stage to wait for me.

Chris's thoughts

Alley loves rodeos so tonight I am taking her to the rodeo and I've talked to the guys at the rodeo and they are setting everything up for my proposal. I'm nervous but I'm almost sure she's going to say yes. I'm on my way to zales to pick up her ring before going home and getting dressed.

I pull in the drive way at our house. I park and hop out of alley's ram truck then walk inside. I walk through the front door and alley runs in my arms like a little girl.

she runs in my arms and kisses me then says "thank you thank you thank you!!!!! I love them!!!!"

I laugh and say "so your boots came I'm guessing"

she smiles big again and says "they sure did! I love them!!!!"

I laugh and sit her back down before saying "how bout you go change and put your boots on. I'm takin you out tonight"

she smiles and says "ok i'll be ready in 10" she runs upstairs.

15 minutes later I hear boots running back down stairs. we head out to the rodeo.

once we get to the arena we park then I get out and run around to her side of the car to open her door. she gets out and puts on her white cowboy hat then we walk inside. I got front row tickets for us. mid way through the rodeo it came time for me to propose so I told alley that I was going to use the restroom. I walk down to the announcers stand. 10 minutes later I'm getting saddle on a horse and the announcer is calling alley down into he dirt.

as soon as I see alley walking into the dirt lot I ride over on the horse and stop in front of alley.

she smiles and says "what are you doing"

I smile and say "alley I fell in love with you the first time I saw you. I've treated you like the princess you deserve to be treated like since day one so now I wanna know if you would do me the honor of being my wife so I can treat you like a princess for the rest of my life?"

she smiles with tears running down her face and says "yes! Yes! i'll marry you!"

I get off the horse and kiss her.