elaina's first Christmas!

{alley}

nearly 3 weeks later.

elaina is nearly 3 weeks old and it's almost Christmas! Christmas is a hugh holiday for everyone we are close too and today we are going Christmas shopping. normally by now me and chris have done all or at least most of our Christmas shopping but since we had elaina this year we didn't exactly get too.

chris got up this morning and fed elaina before going into the studio to record today and right now he just texted me and said he's on his way home so me and elaina are going to get dressed so we can go shopping with daddy.

getting upstairs I decided to dress us in a mommy and me outfit which is something I never thought I'd actually do with my kid but here I am.

once I get elaina dressed I walk in my closet and pull out my outfit like hers and get dressed myself. I had just put my shirt on when I hear the front door open and chris say "daddys home!" I smile and shake my head at my silly husband before finishing getting dressed. once I'm done getting dressed. I grab elaina and walk downstairs and into the kitchen to find chris making a bottle for elaina while feeding himself a cake pop I made last night after dinner.

as soon as chris's eyes land on me and elaina his face lights up with a hugh smile. he walks around the island and pecks me on the lips before taking elaina and feeding her the bottle he just made.

once chris finished feeding elaina and put her to sleep we put her in the challenger. 5 hours later we finally finished the Christmas shopping before we went to eat. once we got home we wrapped some of the presents before heading to bed.

since we just had elaina and our house is bigger we all agreed to just have our Christmas get together at our house. it makes things easier for me and chris because if we had it at his moms we would have to either stay at her house Christmas eve night or drive 45 minutes back to Nashville, now if it had been just me and chris we would have done it no problem but now we have elaina and driving 45 minutes back to Nashville from Murfreesboro after midnight was just too much with a 13 day old baby.

so the next morning I wake up to find the bed empty and elaina's crib empty. panicking I ran downstairs to find chris on the couch with elaina in his arms asleep. as chris sat there watching counting cars elaina slept in his arms. being the amazing daddy he is I had to take a picture and post it on facebook to gush over him a bit. once I took the picture and posted it I walked into the kitchen and got a drink before going back upstairs after hearing chris tell elaina that he was going to put her in her crib so he could bring me breakfast In bed.......something he knew I love.

chris has always been amazing but when it came to being a husband and now a dad I think he is beyond amazing.

he always gushes over me to his friends about how I love cars and how I can pretty much name any year of the chevy Camaro. yes I have a super soft spot for Chevrolet and the Camaros. my first car was an 85 chevy Camaro ZR8, that's one reason I have a soft spot for them but my main reason is because the Chevrolet Camaro was created the same year my best friend and mama was born, 1967. that's why I spent 12grand on a 1967 Camaro almost 7 years ago. when I bought it, it was still running pretty well but the body wasn't in as greater condition. now it's been almost 7 years and I still haven't had my baby fixed and I cant drive it because it was my daily driver and now it's pretty much just seen its better days. I can't walk in my garage without crying looking over at it.

{chris}

so since I didn't really know what to get alley well at least not til like 3 and half months ago when I walked into the garage to find alley sitting in her Camaro crying and saying "I still love you and I promise I'm going to fix you" at the moment I knew exactly what to get alley for Christmas but the next thing was getting it out of the garage and out to las vegas without alley knowing. the following morning I called a good friend of mine in las vegas and the owner of counts customs.