T W E L V E

Dylan O'Brien as Joseph Rivers

"Somebody broke her. She gets me up every freaking day to go running or to go to the gym, that is not good for me." I heard Amber complain as I walked up behind her.

"Running is healthy, and healthy things are good for you." I said, smiling at her.

"Kat, sweety, my legs are going to fall off." She exaggerated, "go to Nats house from now on, not mine." I rolled my eyes and walked across the hall to my locker to grab my books for next period.

"Whoa, what the hell happened to you?" A voice said, causing me to immediately look down at my side. My shirt had lifted up a bit when I reached to get my bag, showing off my bruised hip. I quickly pulled my shirt down, looking up at the person infront of me.

"N-nothing mind your own damn business." I scoffed, looking at the guy standing in front of me. I'd never seen him around school before. He was pretty cute, but he had a bad boy vibe just like Nathan.

"Whatever." He shrugged, opening the locker beside mine and putting his bag in.

"Are you new?" I asked, watching him. He looked at me with his eyebrows raised and laughed.

"This has been my locker for months." I bit my lip and looked away embarrassed. "Don't worry,  I'm not offended." He chuckled, shutting his locker. He put all of things in his locker, which was weird seeing as how we still had almost the whole day of school left.

"Don't you need your books for class?" I frowned, and he just shook his head and walked away, right out the doors. I bit my lip as I stared at the double doors, thinking about how I didn't even ask his name. I wish I asked for his name.

"Why were you just talking to him?" Angel asked, narrowing her eyes at me.

"What? I can't have a conversation?"

"Yeah, but not with him. That's Joseph Rivers."

"Okay, and?"

"And his mother mysteriously went missing after they had a big fight. Some people say that Joseph killed her. Hes a freak." She gave me a pointed look that told me to stay away from him. I laughed and shook my head at her, walking away as the bell rang. People in this school dramatize everything and it's starting to get really old and annoying. I can talk to who I want, obviously there's no real evidence on Joseph if he's still at school, and walking the streets instead of jail cells.

"Hey." Jason smiled at me as he sat beside me at lunch. I wasn't sitting with the girls today because they ditched school to go shopping and I didn't want to go.

"Hey." I mumbled, laying my head on his shoulder. Jason and I have gotten pretty close ever since he helped me the night of my birthday dinner 2 weeks ago. Hes actually really sweet and fun to be around, nothing like his duche friends.

"Where's your friends?" He asked looking around the cafeteria. I shrugged, not wanting to explain that they ditched me for clothes, it was too much talking.

"Well aren't you guys cute" Nathan rolled his eyes as he sat infront of us, Kyle sitting beside him. I rolled my eyes as well, sitting up straight. "Aren't you going to eat, Penguin?" Nathan asked, raising his eyebrows at me.

"I already ate before I came to lunch." I said, which wasn't a complete lie. I split a chocolate bar with Kevin. The look on Nathan's face showed that he didn't believe me, so I rolled my eyes and grabbed his apple bitting into it as I glared at him. He smirked.

"Where's Angel?" Kyle asked casually. I narrowed my eyes at him, he better not even think about trying to get with her. I know what he does to girls and he will not do it to my best friend.