S I X

As a kid I always wanted to be a dancer, I loved the way dancing made me feel. One day my dance teacher asked me if I wanted to take ballet classes, and I quickly accepted her offer. It was way harder than just dancing, but I never gave up. I pushed to be the best damn ballerina in the class, and I was. I entered all kinds of contest, not to have fun, but to win because to me winning was everything back then. It all changed when I met Carter. I was so distracted that I wasn't the best anymore. I wasn't good enough to call myself a winner, and after losing 3 of my contests because I tried way to hard and still wasn't good enough, I decided to just stop. To just give up ballet all together, after just 3 loses. My brother talked me into not giving up, and he told me that I needed to just dance for me. To have fun while I did it, not worry about being the best, but about having the best time. After that I started to dance for me, because I loved it and not because I just wanted to win. I got way better while having fun doing what I love instead of worrying about being the best. My brother always pushed me to do the right things for the right reasons. Without him I wouldn't be the amazing dancer I am today, and I owe him for that.

"Katherine Walker." The receptionist called my name, and I looked at her nervously. "Don't worry, you'll be great just have fun." She smiled, gesturing for me to walk into the room. I bit my lip and stood up, walking to the door. I was about to audition for a ballet spot that opened in my school. They had a ballet class, but it was full up until now. I was more nervous now than I was when I auditioned for my last school. This school was tougher than my last, so I knew I had to be on top of my game, but have fun while doing it of course.

"Hi my name's Katherine Walker, and I've been dancing since I was only 5 years old." I introduced myself before I got ready for the dance. I started to dance, and all I could think about was my brother. He was my rock, he never missed any of my concerts and always stuck my by side. Tears started to fall down my face as I danced, but I never once lost composure. When I finished the dance, I looked at the judges, and I could swear I saw my brother in the corner, smiling at me. I whipped my tear away and turned around, walking out of the room quickly and into the bathroom. I splashed water on my face and looked at my reflection in the mirror. I smiled, knowing my brother would be proud of me for the person I've become. I walked back into the waiting room, where the other girls were waiting as well. Just as I sat down, Amber walked in.

"Amber?" I frowned, standing up and walking to her. She smiled and hugged me.

"Hey, I came to see you, did I miss it?" She asked, looking around.

"Yeah, but don't worry they wouldn't have let you watch." I assured her, sitting back down. "I'm just waiting for them to post the results." I bit my lip, staring at the door.

"Don't worry, you've definitely got it in the bag."she said, looking at the other girls in the room. She grabbed my hand and smiled at me. The door opened and me and about every single other girl jumped up, watching as the lady posted the winner. I rushed over to see who it was.

Katherine Walker.

I screamed super loud, turning to look at Amber who also screamed loudly. I hugged her tightly, and started to jump up and down. "I got in I got in!" I squealed. She laughed and nodded her head.

"Lets go celebrate!" She said excitedly, "I know this amazing Mexican restaurant around the corner. It will not disappoint." She clapped her hands hungrily.

"Hold on, I have to get my schedule and stuff. I'll meet you there though?" I asked her, and she nodded telling me she'll text me the address. I walked over to the lady behind the desk, and asked her for my class schedule and other info. She gave me a package of stuff, and I thanked her. When I turned to walk out, I saw Nathan leaning against the wall, staring at me.

"For a penguin you move good." He smirked, crossing his arms.

"Is that a compliment?" I rolled my eyes, and he chuckled lowly. "How'd you even get in the room to see me?Are you stalking me now?" I raised my eyebrow at him.

"Don't flatter yourself Penguin. My aunt's one of the judges." He walked closer to me, and I backed up a little, glaring at him. The closer he came the stronger I could smell him. He smelt of weed and cologne. He tucked a piece of hair behind my ear before smirking and walking past me, into the room where I had my audition. I scoffed and walked out, but I couldn't hide the blush that crept onto my face at his touch. I bit my lip and shook my head, it was just dumb hormones that's all. I walked down the road to the restaurant that I was supposed to meet Amber at. When I got there she was already sitting down, waiting on me.

"Hey, that took awhile." She said, giving me a menu.

"Yeah, I ran into a monster." I sighed, looking around the place. It was small, but really cute and cozy. "Did you know Nathan's aunt is one of the judges? Does she teach the class?" I asked Amber.

"Oh yeah, I forgot she teaches the class." She said, laughing as she looked at my horrified face. "Don't look so scared, she's not as bad as Nathan."

"How would you know?" I narrowed my eyes at me, and she looked away quickly.

"I, uh, I just know." She shrugged, "You know what I think I'll get the Tacos De El Pastor." She said, changing the subject quickly. I stared at her for a bit longer, but decided to let the subject go and looked at the menu. His aunt is a teacher at our school, of course she knows her.

"I guess I'll get the same, it sounds good." I said, putting the menu down.

"Of course, we have the same taste." She said, and I could sense a bit of sarcasm in her voice. I frowned and looked at her, but she just smiled and looked away.