Chapter 8

No no no. Why me? Why today?

It just seemed the weather had to pick on me by making me sit in a little corner, back from the window of my dorm. I was in this cramped corner, hiding with my insecurities and fears. Lighting snapped at my window, threatening to break it with one touch. The Thunder soon followed, and all I could do is stay in my little corner and hide like a coward.

I needed to let it go. Let go. I can't let go. He died because I let go.

--------

"James!" The young Alex called to his brother. "James! Please don't leave me! Don't float away!"

"I won't! I got you!" James yelled as he gripped Alexander's hand tightly. "Your brother's here, don't worry Alexander!"

Suddenly a wave came crashing through. James's hand was slipping from Alexander's. Luckily, a flat piece of wood came along. With all his might, James threw Alexander on the wood. Alexander still held on desperately to his brother.

"James, climb on!"

"Alex I can't!" His head was bobbing, in and out of the water. He was so close to drowning.

"Here, I'll scoot over!" the weight shifted and almost threw Alexander off. "There's gotta be another way!"

"Alexander, there is no other way!" James yelled, and knowing his brother would never let go, swiftly bit Alex on the hand making Alex yelp in pain and let go.

"Bye, Alexander." He said softly as he drifted away.

"JAMES!"

------------

CRASH! BOOM!

The thunder snapped me out of my flashback. I Let go. Why did I let go? I'm such and idiot, I let go! I can't let go. I can't believe that was not so long ago. When that storm changed my life forever. And I' ll never be able to let it go.

I look down at my hand. He bit me so hard he broke my skin. The scar was still there, and I traced it with my fingers, feeling the dips of his teeth. I miss him so much.

I needed someone. I needed some comfort. I hate to admit it, but I didn't feel very brave.

-----------

Texing: LIZARD🦎
Time: 10:00 pm

SPAMilton✌️: Liza, I need help.

LIZARD🦎: At ten pm? k, wats up

SPAMilton✌️: Storm, Liza, Storm

LIZARD🦎: are you ok?

SPAMilton✌️: no. plz come.

LIZARD🦎: I have a better idea. have John come

SPAMilton✌️: what? but doesn't know me like u

LIZARD🦎: thats the point. just text him

SPAMilton✌️: Ok...

---------------

Ok guys thank you soooooooooo much for reading

I hope you enjoyed!

luv you!!!