Chapter 17

Gosh, Eliza scared me. I'm glad she's ok. Now I need to go find John. 

I walk fast down the campus, looking for my lover. Or, past lover. He'll probably hate me. He will hate me. But he has a good reason to. I will admit that I've been sort of a jerk this whole time. I am a jerk. Jerks don't get happy endings. At least he will.

I spot him on the side of our dorm building, sipping coffee. He looked like a mess, red eyes and messy hair. His body seemed useless and gray. His clothes seemed to have been thrown on him and he just melted with the clothes.

"Hey, John." I say to him.

He jumps up nervously, ready to run at any time. He looks around and sees me. An expression of pure hatred claims his face. I take one step, and he runs for it. 

"John, please!" I scream.

He stops. I come up to him.

"John-"

He sharply turns around.

"Have you come to tell you love me? And you think I would forgive you like it was nothing and we'd go off skipping with puppies on the gayest rainbow?" John barks at me, in total seriousness. 

"I came to apologize." I stare into his eyes. I didn't really know what to say. What more can I say? //REFERENCE ANYONE?// 

Then I knew.

"Look at where we are."

I look at him up and down. 

"Look at where we started."

I remember that one day when he came up to the front of the classroom. My life changed forever.

"I know I don't deserve you, John."

That's the truth. His eyes darken again and he tries to back away.

"But hear me out, and that would be enough."

I catch his arm and he blushes.

"If I could change my mind, if I could do it over again, we would be in our dorm, and you would smile, and that would be enough."

He blushes deeper, and relaxes. I let go of his arm.

"I don't pretend to know the challenges we're facing, I know there's no forgiving what I've done, and you need time."

He nods slowly. He is tying to show disgust on his face, but he is miserably failing.

"But I am not afraid. I know who I'm dating."

He blushed harder and I noticed tears were rolling down his cheeks.

"Just let me stay here by your side, John-"

He cuts me off with a kiss. He breaks away and I smile.

"-and that would be enough."

He takes my hand. His eyes have regained it's color. He sighs. I suddenly realize why I'm in love with this boy. Why it was him. Why it wasn't Liza, or Angie, or Peggy. Why it wasn't Aaron, or Herc, or Lafayette.  Why did I love him?

Because he would always love me back. 

John Laurens will love me till the day I die. Past the day I die. For forever. And I knew this. And he knew it, too. 

"Let's go home."

--------------------------------------------------------

I AM SOOOO SORRY FOR NOT BEING HERE 

seriously my mother made me give up electronics for 2 weeks. GRRR.

Anyways I hope you guys enjoyed!

Until next chapter! luv you! <3 <3 <3