5 Years Later

I called it the Wall of College.

It was my little tribute to our old days.

It's on the wall in the hall leading to our bedroom.

Each picture holding a special memory.

The first picture was of Angelica on my left and Peggy on my right giving me a kiss on the cheeks. My face was surprised, because I didn't know they dared each other to do it. It was at Freddy's, the special booth that always seemed open, waiting for my friends and I. Laf had took the picture. Angelica had moved to London to "start over". Peggy became a creative Artist and graphic designer.

The second picture was of Herc and Laf slinging their arms over each other. I had taken the picture at the park. They had went to see how many people would stare at them when they kissed or did something super gay. We had a blast, me taking pictures of their romantic gestures and the other people's reactions. They now together live in Paris, Lafayette being a model and Herc an Olympian Athlete.

The third picture is of Charles lee holding up a shiny medal. That snob had won a Nobel Prize for Chemistry. Yeah, even though he was a pain, he was from college. Plus, my boyfriend insisted on it. Just a reminder that all things bad don't always stay bad.

The fourth was of a laughing Eliza with whipped cream on her nose, the striped straw and inch from her lips, connecting to the strawberry milkshake. I also took the picture. We were sitting in the car after I had drove her to Sonic for that milkshake I had owed her. Long story. Well, not really, I lost a bet. As a physician Eliza now lives with James Madison (who could have guessed he was bi?) in New York. 

The fifth picture was of a freckled face man. Curly cinnamon brown hair that complimented his eyes. He is laughing softly, his eyes glittering. Gosh, I miss you, John.  I miss you more each day. I wish I could tell you how much I love you~ still, yes I love you~ but I must keep my promise.

"Alexander!" Jeffersons arms slung around mine, kissing me softly on the head. Sure, he was a prick in college, but he changed. Just a little. He still has that controlling demeanor and hard voice. "Hey, get rest babe. We have to get up early tomorrow!" 

Yeah, I'll get some rest, so I can follow you around like a brainless puppy tomorrow.

He kisses me agin. "I love you." He says it, but he doesn't mean it. It's like he's reluctantly giving me a box of chocolates that were meant for himself. He doesn't mean it. John would mean it. 

"I'll be in my office." I say with a smile. A blank smile. There is no emotion, I can't even feel it. He smiles back and walks away.

I run to my office and slam the door. Virginia Daily work papers scattered everywhere. Yeah, that's the crappy newspaper I work for. In Virginia. I hate this place. No rushing cars, tall buildings and yelling pedestrians. It's just roads, dust and crickets. At least in the country part that I live in. What I would do to live in New York again...

I grab my phone. I type in his name, and deep from my contacts, he appears. Like my phone has been holding on to him until this very moment. No, I can't text him! I should do it old fashioned, right?

I grab a mechanical pencil and lined paper. What to write. What to say to my ex who I haven't seen in 5 years. No, my boyfriend. My real one. In my heart.

Dearest, John

I Haven't forgotten about you. Have you forgotten me? You've probably moved on. And I know I'm not important in your life right now. But I miss you. I miss you every day your not by my side. My body quietly suffers where you touched and burns where you didn't. I long for our touch again. I long for your turtle jokes and stupid graphic tees. I long for Lucy, Duck, and John jr., our secret children. I long to feel you cloudy hair and look into your warm eyes. To sum it up, I long for you. I miss it all. Our secret conversations about life, our looks when the other makes a corny joke- I miss it. I miss you. I hope you see this and know immediately that I still love you. I still love you. I'll never stop.

Thinking about you,

Alexander Hamilton

----------------------------------------------------

AHHHHHHHHH! This is the END :(

But..............

I'm thinking of making an alternate ending....

Tell me if I should do it!!!

Thanks everyone soooooo much, 

GWashingDad <3

Shout Out Toooooo

 @MaxieYea  @Maxie_Kiyah @Peachy_Lams  @olivialikesdrawing 

LOVE YOU ALLLLLLL