Chapter 3 - Demon with Black Hair

Season 1: Episode 5

Part 2

Raven's POV

I drive up to Doctor Hopper's office. I see Henry standing outside. Tears flow from his eyes. I stop my car and run over to him. "Henry," I say softly, "What happened?" He doesn't say a word, just wraps his arms around me and cries. I pick him up, cradling him as if he were a baby again. "Shh..." I whisper.

"Emma," I hear him say between his whimpers. I nod my head - understanding what I had to do next. I brought him over to where my car was parked. I open the passenger side door and place him in the seat. I get into the driver's seat and head to Mary Margaret's house.

"No, stop please!" I shout at the top of my lungs. No one was listening to me. None of them cared of what I had to say. I'm just a vampire; it didn't matter if I was fourteen years old or not. It did not matter that I tried to save them. I didn't want to hurt them - I had just tried to save them after all. However, they wanted to hurt me. They wanted to kill me.

They dragged me over to a pedestal in the middle of town. They tie me to it with rope laced with silver, as if it were meant for a different supernatural species. As soon as I'm tied to the pole, they all step back. Torches and pitchforks line the streets as the town waits for my death. A man, steak in hand, walks in my direction. I stare up into the sky. I whisper, "Mommy... help me..." 

She did not respond. Flames of blue did - the town was completely destroyed. And I... I was left in the middle of a now ghost town.

I arrive at Mary Margaret's house. Henry was still in my arms. I knock on the door. Emma answers the door and sees the shape that Henry is in. "What happened?" Emma says concerned. "Come on."

***

Third Person POV

"Are you with him?" Regina asks Emma angrily.

"Yes," Emma answers back in a snarky tone. "I'm with Doctor Hopper. And guess what? You left your fingerprints all over him when you tried..."

"Not him. Henry." Regina interrupts annoyed. "Is he with you?"

"No, Raven took him home after they came to Mary Margaret's apartment while Henry was in tears."

"Well, he's not here," Regina says without letting up. "And the sheriff has already checked to see if Miss Gold has returned home. She has not."

"I don't know where he is," Emma responds. Doctor Hopper sighs and she drops her phone.

"I do."

***

Henry and Raven stood outside of the mines. "Okay, lad," Raven instructs, "Don't get hurt down here. Madam Evil Pantsuit will never let me hear the end of it."

"Raven!" Rumpelstiltskin shouted at the top of his lungs. "Raven!" He didn't see her and she did not respond. Had he lost his immortal daughter? That's impossible; yet, here he was in a town that had been recently burned to the ground.

"Da... Dad..." a small voice croaked. Rumple turned his head to see something moving in the rubble. He quickly starts digging in the pile of wood. Soon, he finds his daughter - burnt and with a steak in her heart. 

"Oh, my precious girl," he said as he cradled her. He pushed her ashen hair from her face. He locked eyes with the steak. "This will only hurt for a second," he exclaimed. Immediately, he yanked the steak out of her heart. She wailed in pain, but soon stopped. Raven began breathing heavily as her wound had begun to heal.