Chapter 12: Deputy Arius

Season 1: Episode 14

Raven's POV: Outside Seaside Tavern

I stared inside the tavern. Felix and Peter stood next to me as I scouted for our contact. "Why are we even here?" Felix asked.

"Your have the telepath specialization," I cracked back, "You tell me." Felix frowned as I pushed open the door. Pan held my hand as we walked inside. Pirates from every walk of life were drinking themselves silly. "The contact should meet us here," I explained.

"How do you know this person?" Peter asked. We picked a table in the corner of the pub. 

"Even through all of Avala's wrongdoings," I explained, "some people still respect the Arius family." I looked around for the man who promised to meet me here. I spotted a shorter man in the corner. "Is it him?" I asked Felix.

Felix stood for a moment and concentrated his vision on the man. After a silent moment, he said, "Yes."

Third Person POV: At the Town Line

Emma is taking pictures of Kathryn's abandoned car, along with Sidney from "The Daily Mirror". David soon drives up to the car with Raven in the passengers seat. Emma sees her and says, "How did you get out? I arrested you."

"Unless you made those bars out of titanium and coated them in vervain, you couldn't hold me in there," Raven explains. Emma looks at her confused, and Raven just rolls her eyes. Then, she levels with the sheriff. "Look, if you want bail money, I'll give you money. But I am the best shot you have at finding Kathryn."

Raven's POV: In the Tavern

I sat down in front of the man who Felix confirmed to be the contact. "Are you the one called Seth?" I asked in a low voice. He looked around, his messy red hair falling in his face. 

"You're Daniel Arius' daughter?" he asked in return. I nodded, then he replied with his own nod. He exclaimed, "You said you wanted to take back the vampire kingdom from Queen Avala. Are you really going to take on the most powerful pyromancer and vampire alive?"

"Well," I explained, "Avala can be killed and I can't, so... I think I have a pretty good chance at taking her down. But the only way I can really ensure the vampire kingdom's return from her reign of terror is knowing where her predecessor is. I have heard you know where my brother is. I need to know where he is before my operation can move forward." The man looked unsure if he should tell me. "Please, Seth, the lives of our people depend on it. If you wish to have a different ruler than the psychopath you've got, then you have to tell me where my brother is." I stared at him right in the eyes. "Please."

Third Person POV: At Kathryn's Car

"She's just gone?" David says closing the door. Raven grabs it before it can close. She looks around inside, taking in a big breath through her nose. 

"You really don't know anything, do you?" Emma asks with confusion.

"I don't understand," David exclaims, "What happened?"

"I don't know. That's what I'm trying to find out. What can you tell me? When was the last time you spoke to Kathryn?" He tells Emma that it was yesterday afternoon. "Okay, look, I know there has been lies and deceit, and I'm really not judging you, but is that the truth?"

"Yes," answers David. "I haven't spoken to her since we... I ended things." He pauses to recollect the previous night. "And I came home yesterday, and all her things were gone. I assumed she was going to Boston. That's what she told me. Am I a suspect or something?"