In the moment

A phone ringing interrupted their moment , both realising how close they actually were , made Mitch spring up from straddling Becca and marched to his phone. Becca , still in shock paralysed from head to toe she was still laying on the rugged floor trying to catch her breath.

Sitting up from her being sprawled across the floor she went in the kitchen clutching a polar water bottle guzzling quarter of it already , putting the cap back on the pitcher and swiftly dragging her heavy bruised muscles to the couch and settled her body on it . "hey uh i need to do a uh mission for a few days so um you've gotta stay here" he announced , quirking her head to the side  in disappointment but soon shrugged , so he didn't act on it.

 " okay when do you have to leave?" she questions , Mitch sighing in distress replies ,

" tomorrow morning " he lets out a shaky breath , Becca takes notice . Standing up walking closer see his eyes slightly watering " hey whats the matter?" Mitch saying nothing in response whilst looking at his shoes , then back at her then back at his shoes , " okay hey sit down whats really up?" she questions again hoping she would actually get an answer than just a simple shrug. " its- its nothing its just that i- uh i - the location of this mission is in Spain which was where the terrorist attack happened about a year and a half ago and- and i was there" he says letting a tear drop on to the already stained rug . Becca thinking it was just his post traumitic  stress from that terrifying experience  , but no it was what he had witnessed with his own eyes. 

His fiance' being shot in the head.

Becca taking this time to get closer to him she sat next to him and putting a hand on his upper back feeling him stiffen then relax , Mitch hasn't felt this kind of feeling in a long time, being with Becca with a couple of weeks have made him feel something in the pit of his stomach which is oddly weird for him to feel it again for what happend to Katrina.

looking straight at her made him feel weak in the knees like vise versa , But Mitch knew it was too early for something like this to happen between them , even though he knew she was the most beautiful women he has seen since Katrina , he still didn't feel like it was the time to move on . If she knew what happened to Katrina she would back off completely , but she didn't she also had this strong feeling that he was still the perfect one. It was like she had this invisible rope attach her that kept dragging her to him.

Mitch looking straight forward then to a window that showed it was getting pretty late and he needed to be up early tomorrow so it was a wise decision to get some slumber for the next energetic day ahead of him.

" i uh i'm gonna get some rest you should too" he suggest with a weak smile with out saying another word he walks off. Making Becca feel empty.