Chapter Twenty

"Kat?" I ask with my eyes wide. I feel myself start to lightly shake as I look at Colby. He grabs my hand and leads me out onto the pier to a quiet corner so no one hears.

'speaker' he mouths. I nod my head and put the phone on speaker, "why did you call me?"

"I was worried Sammy. Then you didn't tell me or even contact me after words. I felt like you didn't want me near."

"I don't Kat. You caused me to have anxiety and caused conflict in all my relationships. You blackmailed me too. Why would I want to be with you? You're toxic for me."

"Sam.....I'm not toxic. We both are. We can learn. I know we can learn. I mean your toxic for Colby as it is. Have you even thought about the pain you possibly caused him?

We can be together Sam. We can work through our issues. I miss you so much and blackmailing you....I'm sorry I thought that would make you see how much I cared.....it didn't though. I don't know why I did it. I was jealous. I was angry.

I knew you were using me and when I found out you were with Colby it shattered me. I apologize for my actions. I know they were wrong and you may not care but Sam, at least just talk to me. At least just be friends with me. I'm sorry I caused you pain." Kat says. I hear her sniff like she was about to cry. Looking up at Colby he shakes his head.

"Kat as much as that sounds convincing I'm going to have to call you later. I'm out right now and I have to think about it. You caused me pain and I know I caused you pain too but I have to think about it." I say not wanting to hurt Kats feelings.

"I understand. Bye Sam." She says hanging up the phone. I look at Colby and he looks at me.

"I don't know what to do now..."