Chapter Twenty-Two

I've been hanging out with Kat a lot. For about two weeks now. I'm rarely home anymore, well I'm home but not at decent hours like how Colby wants. He always gets mad because I'll come home around midnight.

"Sam?" I hear softly in the living room as I shut the front door shut. It's currently two in the morning.

"Yeah?" I answer back as I walk into the dimly lit room. I know it's Colby because he's sitting on the couch next to the lamp. I flick the big light on and he looks at me.

"Let me guess, you were out with Kat?" He says in a moto toned voice. I nod my head yes.

"Yeah. I told you today didn't I?"

"No, just said you were going out with a friend." He answers back looking at his many bracelets, "It's almost three weeks you've been hanging out with her. Everyday you do and won't come home until late."

"I don't see what the big deal is Colby. She's my friend."

"But you have other friends. You have a boyfriend. I don't go hang out with my friends from the moment I get up until midnight or past for three weeks straight."

"Why are you so worked up? I like Kat. She's a great friends now. All the attention doesn't have to be on you."

"No it doesn't Sam." Colby says looking at me, "but for three weeks Kat is the only thing that's been in that mind if yours. From ten in the morning until midnight you are always hanging out with her.

You have other friends like Aaron, Elton, Corey, Jake, David, Devyn....so many people. You also have a boyfriend Sam."

"I'm allowed to hang out with whoever I want too Colby."

"I get that......but I was at our restaurant for two hours waiting for you Sam. I looked like a fool. Today was the day we became friends Sam.

We planned this date for a whole month because our friendship lead us to the best realtionship ever and you were to busy hanging out with Kat." Colby says walking past me and up the our bedroom.

I turn around with wide eyes and put my hand to my forehad.

"Wait, Colby!" I say following him to our bedroom. Colby continues walking and I grab his arm making him stop.

"What Sam?"

"I'm sorry....I fucking forgot and I can't take this day back I know but I'm sorry. We can spend tomorrow with each other. We can do what ever you want."

"No Sam. Tomorrow won't be the same. It'll felt like a rushed date because your sorry and feel bad. You probably would of hung out with Kat if I never reminded you."

"No, I-I Colby I wouldn't of."

"Don't lie to me."

"I'm sorry."

"I know."

"Colby..."

"I just need to be alone." He says walking into the bedroom and shutting the door behind him. Sighing I go back to the couch and lay down not getting any sleep.