Chapter 21

I woke up and just like yesterday did the same thing. Ethan told me today we were going on a boat ride to take in the nature. It sounded like so much fun. Ethan and I got ready then got on the bus and got on our way. This trip is seriously amazing.

            After about half an hour we got to our destination. To get to the boat we had to walk a few blocks. Once we got there I found out E got us our own, private boat.

            "Seriously, E, you didn't have to do this" I told him.

            "I didn't have to, but I wanted to," he replied to me.

            There were two options, sit on the part of the boat that was shaded or at the very front in the sun. I of course, chose to sit right in the sun. I might as well enjoy the beautiful hot weather. I just wanted to pause the moment, Ethan and I sitting in the sun, enjoying the beautiful sights this country has to offer.

            The boat ride was full of awesome views. We saw many species of birds and a whole lot of monkeys. I found out something very interesting about Ethan. He has a fear of monkeys, he doesn't know why but he was cuddling up to me like a cry baby when we saw them. I thought that was hilarious.

            The boat ride was so peaceful, it took us three hours. After we got back to land and off the boat we went to lunch. Ethan and I ate Arroz con pollo. Which is chicken and rice along with peppers and vegetables. It was amazing. Fresh fruit juice went along with it to make it even better.

            "Today was yet another amazing day," I told Ethan as we sat back down in our seats on the bus. "Is this it for the day?"

            "Oh Taylor, I have more planned," he said with a very suspicious tone in his voice.

            I just gave him a weird look and turned to admire the view out the bus window. There was one thing I did not like about Costa Rica, the very narrow roads. The roads here are literally one lane and you must pull over on the side to let another car through. Sometimes I must even close my eyes because it makes me start to feel ill. But if the roads are the worst part, then I don't care.

            E and I got back to our hotel and made our way back to the hotel room we were staying in. I could feel like Ethan was very nervous about something. Ever since I asked him if we had anything else planned for the day he fidgeted. The whole bus ride back he was tapping his fingers or his foot, biting his nails and he just couldn't sit still.

            "Ethan are you okay?" I asked him. "It seems like there is something going on."

            "Y-yeah," Ethan stuttered. "Everything is fine don't worry okay?"

            "Okay," I said not wanting to argue with him that I could clearly tell there was something bothering him.

            I knew I should just leave it be, but I can't. He needs to quit being so secretive and be more open and honest with me. If there is something going on I want to be able to help him in any way I can.

            "I can tell there is something wrong E. I can't ignore it. I need you to be open and honest with me if we are going to work in the future. Stop bottling up your feeling because if something is wrong I am here for you and I hope you know that. So please E, tell me. What is going on?" I pleaded.

            "Why are you so clingy? If I had a problem I would talk about it. I like my space and if you are going to be clingy like this then we aren't going to work," Ethan snapped.

            My heart broke. I didn't mean it to be clingy. I just want him to be able to trust me. Ethan stormed out the door. I have never seen him like this and to be honest I was very scared. What if I lose him? This trip was supposed to bring us closer. Maybe I should call Grayson, he might know.