Chapter 24

I woke up to darkness. Black. That was all I could see. Then a small light came on from a hallway. I could see a tall shadow walking towards me.

            "Well, look who is awake," Erica said looking down at me.

            I was tied to a chair, how original.

            "What do you want from me?" I asked her trying to stay calm.

            "I want you to not be with Ethan, anyone but you." She replied back with a sneer.

            "If you care about him so much, just know you are probably torturing him right now." I said.

            Erica just rolled her eyes and got me a glass of water with a small piece of bread. She put a straw in the glass of water and let me drink it, I was so thirsty. I was also a certain type of starving that I haven't felt before.

            "Please, just let me go," I pleaded.

            "No, this is your life, for the next three days. Unless they somehow find you." Erica said with a glare.

            "Three days?" I questioned her.

            "Well, I can't keep you here forever, so I will have to ya know, get rid of you." She said. "Possibly kill you. No one will ever know."

            I wanted to cry but I needed to stay strong. I needed to prove to her I wasn't weak.

            "Your phone has been blowing up," Erica said grabbing my phone off the table in the corner.

            "Please, I just need to hear Ethan's voice," I said, trying not to cry.

            That's when she played a voicemail from Ethan.

            "Taylor, I don't know where you are but please call me back." Ethan said. I could tell he had been crying. "I need you, I told the police you were missing and a possible suspect and they are out looking. I will see you again. I love you so much. I need you here with me. I need my cuddling buddy, movie buddy, my best friend. Please come back."

            I was holding my tears back but it was getting difficult after hearing that message. I was just trying to breathe and calm myself. Then she played a message from Grayson.

            "Taylor, Ethan is so lost without you here. He hasn't come out of his room and won't stop crying. We have been praying every night that you come back to us." Grayson said.

            Lastly, Audrey.

            "Best friend, partner in crime, come back. I can't function without you. This apartment is so lonely. I feel like nothing without you. Everyone is going crazy. Please come back, I love you so much." Audrey said.

            "Is that enough or should we do your boyfriend's parents and your parents?" Erica asked.

            "That is plenty," I said giving her a snarky glare.

            That's when she decided to head back upstairs. The least she could've done was leave a little light on.

            The night kept going on and on. The cops haven't found me yet. I kept asking myself is she really going to kill me? Would she do that if she cares about Ethan so much? I don't even want to think about that. I need to think positive right now. The only thing that could calm me down was humming Pursuit of Happiness by Kid Cudi.

            It's the third day, I think. I am so nervous. Erica hasn't come down except for one time yesterday to give me water and bread again. She didn't say a word. At this point I have no clue what day or month or even what the time is. Darkness is where I have been staying. Then I heard foot steps coming down the hallway. I took a deep breath in and out. Maybe she was just trying to scare you, I told myself.

            I saw Erica come out of the dark then she shut off the hallway light. Oh no. this can't be good. I wish I could tell Ethan I love him, just one more time, along with Audrey and Grayson, heck, my whole family. Suddenly, I heard sirens then someone knocked down the door upstairs. People were running down the hall as they rounded the corner into the room where I was I saw four cops. That was the last thing I remembered before I felt a sharp pain in my stomach and blackness took over.