Chapter 26

"You are the love of my life Taylor. The past two months have been complete mental torture without you. I need your snuggles again. Your snuggles are the best and the only ones I want. Your hair, so pretty, long, brown, natural highlights. Eyes, those beautiful blue eyes that I get to look into everyday. Not to mention your amazing personality. Kind, caring, generous, funny, cheesy, I could go on forever. To me, you are flawless. I gave you a promise ring, when I did I told you I would always be by your side. I am not going to leave until you wake up. You are going to wake up. Let me tell you the plans I have for the future. I have so many plans for us Taylor. Life is too short, the future is unpredictable so after all the obstacles we have went through I want to marry you, sooner rather than later. I want to start a family. I want to create our own family traditions in our own house that we own together. I want every second of my life to be spent with you. Taylor, beautiful, you complete me. That's why I need you to wake up. Not just for me, but for Cameron, Grayson, Audrey, your parents, James. So many people need you. So please baby, wake up." I said sobbing.

            "Ethan," Audrey walked in with tear-stained cheeks.

            I got up and hugged her while she sobbed into my shoulder.

            "Why did this have to happen?" Audrey cried out.

            I calmed her down and we sat by Taylor. We looked at her pale face. Wake up. Just wake up. Then Grayson walked in, Audrey got up and held him tight. He just held her as tight as he could.

            "Ethan you should go home and rest," Grayson said. "I will stay here with her and I will call you if anything changes."

            "I made a promise Grayson, to stay by her side. I am not going home. I will rest right here." I said.

            "Okay," Grayson said. "I am going to take Audrey home then, we will be back in the morning."

                                                            Taylor's POV

            I wish I had the strength. The strength to open my eyes. I have never tried so hard at something. It was almost like my eye lids were glued shut. I am going to wake up. I heard everything Ethan said and I wish I could tell him somehow. I am going to wake up. I am going to be with Ethan for the rest of my life.

                                                                        Ethan's POV

            It is now day two, three days remaining. Grayson and Audrey are going to stay at home and relax. They want me to have alone time with her. My parents and her parents are on their way home along with Cameron. James still hasn't contacted anyone. I didn't sleep at all last night. I kept thinking she was going to wake up but, nothing. I am going on zero hours of sleep. I'm not sleeping till she wakes up.

            "Hey, how are you doing in here?" The doctor asked as he walked in the door.

            "Well, we could be a lot better," I said with my head down.

            "Just keep talking to her, if you keep talking to her it boosts the chances of her waking up a lot." The doctor told me. "Just call me if you need anything."

            The doctor walked out of the room. I decided it was time to talk to Taylor some more.

            "Today I want to talk about how I want to propose to you. Like I said yesterday it is going to be a lot sooner than later. I already have the perfect ring picked out. You are going to love it, I promise. I want to give you your dream wedding, but that topic for tomorrow. I remember when you said you didn't want a huge scene during a proposal, so since movie nights are our thing I thought that would be the perfect time to do it. We could watch The Notebook; your favorite sappy, cheesy movie. Then at the end I would propose to you." I told her holding her pale hands.