Chapter 31

"Taylor wake up! We need to talk!" Audrey screamed shaking me awake.

            I groaned and sat up to see her now sitting at the end of my bed staring at me.

            "Ethan is cheating on you," Audrey said pulling out her phone to show me the picture.

            "No he's not," I said shaking my head.

            "Are you sure? That girl does not look like you at all," Audrey said giving me  a confused look.

            "I broke up with him last night," I confessed with my head down. I wanted to tell Audrey the truth so bad. I knew if Erica found out though it would be bad news, very bad news.

            "You what?" Audrey practically screamed at me.

            "I broke up with him. I realized I fell in love with the idea of falling in love. I want someone to truly love him." I said trying to play it off that I wasn't lying.

            Audrey laughed and rolled her eyes.

            "Taylor, Ethan saved your life!" She said obviously frustrated with me. "He truly love, or loved you whatever it is now. Ethan was the one sitting by your bedside talking to your every single day. He didn't get sleep for days because he didn't want to miss the chance of you waking up."

            "You don't understand." I told her.

            She just scoffed at me and rolled her eyes walking out of the room. Audrey shut the door and that's when I broke down crying. I can't do this. First my brother died, Ethan's crazy ex found out and now she won't stop harassing me, and now she manipulated me into breaking up with Ethan. Lastly, I am being forced to lie to my best friend. Honestly, what's next? Then my phone rang, I looked at the caller ID to see it was Ethan. I put it on silent and threw my phone down on my floor. Ethan must have called me 20 more times as I listened to my phone vibrate again, and again and again and again. I finally got up and picked it up off the floor. Sure enough, 70 missed calls and 30 text messages. I didn't want to read them but the most recent one caught my eye. I decided to unlock my phone and read the message.

            Ethan: Taylor, I just want you to know I love you. I am sorry about the picture of the girl and I. Obviously, I was and still am upset. I just want to say I wish you the best in life. Thank you for all the memories, I will never ever forget them no matter how much I may want to. This may sound like a goodbye text but it's not. Taylor Rose, I am not giving up on you. We had something special and something fishy is going on. I can tell. You would never just do that to me. Don't even deny it. I am going to get to the bottom of this. We will be together. We have something very special that I won't be able to find with anyone else. Besides, I can see right through you, you are lying through your perfect teeth. Taylor, you truly love me.

            The text message left me speechless. Ethan can see right through me. It is kind of scary. Then Erica called me.

            Erica: So, how's it going?
            Me: This is torture.

            Erica: *laughs* Oh, Taylor, I know. That's the point. You didn't tell Audrey did you?

            Me: No

            Erica: Good, I didn't even have to tell you. I will be checking in on you. Bye Taylor.

            Me: Bye

            I hung up the phone as I rolled my eyes. How long will this little game she is playing go on for? She can't do this forever, right?

            I finally got up out of my bed and went into the main room. I looked at the clock to see it was two already. I went to find Audrey but she was no where to be found then I saw a note on the coffee table.

            Taylor,

                        I am sorry for yelling at you earlier. I am just feeling horrible for Ethan. Grayson said he is barely making it through their first show. Maybe you should talk to him. Anyway, I am going to surprise Grayson. I know, it was a very last minute thing. I will call you when I land. Love you girl...

                        Love,

                                    Audrey

            Ah, so I get the apartment to myself for who knows how long. I can't wait for Erica to stop in! The rest of my day consisted of working on my online college classes. My parents also called me and told me about the funeral arrangements for James. They are actually going to do it right here in LA. With that my parents are leaving tonight and the funeral is tomorrow. What am I going to tell them when they ask about Ethan?

            The end of my night consisted of watching Jane the Virgin. I was a mess by the end of my binge-watching session. Michael died and I was a mess. At about midnight I decided to crawl into bed. That's when Audrey called me.

            Audrey: Hello? Taylor? Are you there?

            Me: Yeah I am here.

            Audrey: I have never seen Ethan like this Taylor. It is terrible.

            Me: If you just called to talk to me about Ethan then goodnight.

            I didn't want to hear it so I hung up the phone and went to bed.

            I woke up to a knock on the door. Please, don't let it be Erica. I do not need to see her right now. It's the day of my brother's funeral and she is the last person I want to see right now. My phone dinged and I got a text.

            Ethan: Sorry about your brother...

            I shut off my phone and left him on read. I walked out of my room to answer the door. I opened it and there stood my parents.

            "Taylor! It is so nice to see you!" My mom said bringing me in for a hug.

            I gave her and my dad a hug and brought them into my apartment. I decided to show them around and then we decided it was time to get ready. James death didn't really hit me till now. M y brother, my twin, died fighting for his country. James was so caring, loving, understanding, strong, and just a great twin brother. I don't know what I am going to do without him.

            I finished putting on my flowy, knee length, black lace dress with my shoes.

            "Taylor lets go," my dad yelled from the main room.

            I grabbed my things and we left to head to the funeral. Needless to say the whole funeral not only my parents were a mess but I was too. They kept saying "James was such a great young soldier. Such a fighter." Thinking back I wish I could have done things different. I should have been a better sister to him. I kept crying and crying thinking about the last time I saw Erica and how she kept harassing me. Why won't she just stop?

            After the funeral so many people came up to me asking how Ethan was. They all complimented us and said you guys are so cute, I can't wait till you two get married, the kids will be so cute. I finally left, I couldn't take it. I texted my mom and told her I went back to the apartment. I got back and slammed the door shut. Then I saw someone sitting on my couch. The body turned around and you guessed it, Erica.

            "I am so sorry for your loss," Erica said walking over to me.

            "Shut up, what do you want?" I asked backing away from her.

            "Just checking up, I know it's a bad day for you," Erica said patting my shoulder. And with that, she left. Just like that. I just want her gone.