Chapter 19

Chapter 19

            We both excitedly got out of the car and grabbed our towels and beach bags.

            "What do you want to do first?" I asked E.

            "Boardwalk?" He asked.

            I nodded, and we headed towards the board walk. Then the thing I have been waiting for all day happened. Our hands touched, and he intertwined them. I looked at our hands, interlocked with each other's and smiled. We went in too many different little shops. Ethan and I even got matching key chains. Cheesy, I know, but cute. After walking on the boardwalk for a while we decided to head down to the beach.

            Hand in hand still we skipped like little kids down to the sand. We found our perfect spot and settled there.

            "Let's go in the water," I said taking off my shorts and tank top.

            "Let's go!" Ethan said as the little kid came out in him.

            He grabbed my hand and just like in the movies, we ran down into the water. It luckily was warm and not freezing cold. We played in the water like kids for a while then decided to go sit on our towels.

            "So, how do you like California?" I asked Ethan.

            "Well, to let you in on a little secret," he said. "Gray and I have been wanting to move here. I feel like we should. It's like a sign if you think about it. Audrey and Gray are happier than ever together, and you and I are definitely going to be even more happy than we are soon."

            "Are you serious?" I asked him. "You are really thinking about moving here?"

            "Why would I joke about living in the same city as my girl?" He asked.

            I just blushed and looked away.

            "Did you bring your little speaker?" I asked Ethan.

            He pulled it out and said, "hook me up with the jams girl."

            "Have you heard from James?" Ethan asked me.

            "Well, he is able to contact me about once a week, he is always super busy." I told him.

            "Do you worry about him a lot?" E asked me.

            "Yeah, I worry about him more than I probably should." I confessed.

            "It will all be okay, I will help you get through it," Ethan said giving me a comforting hug.

            All day we just sat there talking and catching up on everything.

            "So, when do you start college again?" Ethan asked me.

            "Two weeks and I start classes again," I told him.

            "Well, we still have time then," he said with a smirk.

            "Time for what exactly?" I asked him.

            "Our trip," Ethan said.

            "Ethan, you really don't have to do that. It's too much." I told him.

            "No, we are going. When we go home I will look up the soonest flight." He said with a huge smile. "I really want to do this for you, you deserve it 110%."

            E intertwined our hands and gave my hand a little kiss. I smiled back at him. I was so beyond lucky to have Ethan Grant in my life. Words cannot express how much he means to me. I can't help to think what would've happened if I had chosen to push him away. I don't even want to think about that. I am just glad I chose to let him in. Best decision ever.

            "Hey babe, are you ready to go?" Ethan asked, "It's dinner time, I am kind of starting to get hungry."

            "I know the perfect place to take you for dinner E," I said. "Then we will head back the dorm."

            "Sounds good to me," he replied.

            We gathered our things and put our clothes over our swimsuits. Together, hand in hand, we headed towards my car. I unlocked it and we got in and just like last time I handed Ethan the aux cord. You know you have a special place in my life when I hand you the aux cord and you don't even have to ask. Plus, Ethan had all the good music on his phone. Kid Cudi, KYLE and Taylor Swift apparently. Oh, can't forget Nicki Minaj either. Speaking of Nicki Ethan started to play one of her songs, Starships. Such a classic. We both of course, sang along together.

            After about fifteen minutes we arrived at my favorite little restaurant, the one I went to lunch at the day everyone flew in. I walked in and greeted the familiar employees that I see all the time. Ethan and I sat down and ate our dinner. We both got cheese burgers with onion rings. It was so delicious. We finished up and headed back to the dorm. Immediately Ethan grabbed his laptop and started searching for plane tickets.

            "There is a flight that leaves tomorrow at 8pm, we would land at about 1am." Ethan said looking at me with hopeful eyes.

            "You're not going to let this go, are you?" I asked him.

            "Nope," he said popping the p.

            "Well, let's go then." I said with excitement.

            "Five days," Ethan said. "I will call Gray and Audrey."

            "Alright I am going to go call our parents." I said.

            "Okay Tay," he said giving me a peck on the cheek.

            This is going to be one amazing getaway.