12:The bathroom

Malo

I use my key to get inside West's house. I know she home because her car parked right outside, but then again she got a few cars.

"Yo West where you at!" I yell. Ain't nobody finna run around this big ass house looking for her ass. It's hot as hell and I'm pregnant. "Nigga!"

I slowly walk my ass up these stairs until I see bloody handprints on the wall. "West!" I run down the hall, following the blood trail into West's room.

When I turn the corner I see her laying in a pull of blood on her bathroom floor. I grab her and pull her head into my lap.

"West! West, wake up!" I scream at her while I start calling the police.

*
*
*
My leg bounces uncontrollably as I sit with West's blood still on me. This shit feels so surreal. I'm gonna find out who did this and I'm gonna kill them. I am.

"Malo?" Yaya calls me.

I look up and see the tears streaming down her face. "Is Leti okay?" I stupidly ask her. Of course Leti isn't okay. I'm not even okay.

"She's sleeping now."

"Are you okay?" I ask her. She shakes her head, so I stand up and pull her into me. She cries into my chest and I cry right along with her.

"You need to shower." Yaya mumbles. I nod and head towards the bathroom.

*
*
*

Leti

Death hurts. Not for the dead because they're not feeling any pain, but for the ones who loved them. It's actually quite selfish now that I think about it. West knows damn well I wanted to go before her.

She really surprised me though. We were only together six months and she left me everything. I got the house, the cars, the money, but of course Malo is going to handle the business. If you call it a business.

"How are you holding up?" Malo asks as she walks into West's room, which is now my room. She looks towards the bathroom and starts shaking her head.

"Is that where you found her?" I ask.

"Yeah." She nods. "That's where I found her."

"Who's here?" I wonder.

"Well, the gang is here, some friends from the club, and both of our families."

"My family is here?" I raise an eyebrow.

"Yup. They wanted to pay their respects and Yaya called them and told them how you were feeling, you know?"

"No, how am I feeling?"

"I'm sorry." She sighs. "Just come downstairs and greet them." She leaves the room and I stare at the bathroom. That stupid fucking bathroom.

I take a deep breath and head downstairs. Reina runs to me hugs me. "Oh I'm so sorry this happened to you." She says.

"Me too." Hector says.

"Yeah." I nod and wave at the rest of my family before going to the kitchen for a drink. When I walk in I see that Yaya has already beat me to it.

"I'm drinking for two." Yaya smiles. Yup, she's definitely drunk.

"Malo is pregnant, not you."

"Pregnant women can't drink, so I'm drinking for Me and Malo."

"Well, imma drink for me and West. That way we can be drunk as hell."

"Sounds like a plan."

*
*
*
Yaya and I really put in some work. I think we were both drinking for ten, not two.

"Excuse me?" Some chick asks.

I put the bottle down and hold onto the kitchen island, so I look a bit more stable.

"I'm looking for Leticia Atkins."

"That me is." I tell her.

"I'm Olivia West." She says. "Naomi West's wife."

Yaya burst into a fit of laughter and then stops and says "wait a minute...holy shit!"