18:Wake up

Leti

My eyes flutter open to see West hovering over me. She smiles at me and kisses me. "You're awake."

"My head hurts." I laugh.

"Yeah, That was quite the exit you made with your dramatic ass." She says.

I nod, but then I remember all the events that had taken place. "I fell, West. Is the baby okay? Is my sister okay? How is my nephew?"

"Calm down, stay calm." She tells me. "Our daughter is going to be okay."

"We're having a girl?" I ask her.

She kisses me again and nods. "We're having a girl."

"And everyone else? Are they okay?"

"Malo and the baby are doing fine."

"And Yaya?"

"Well, Yaya has some major damage. The rescue people found her unconscious and the doctors say her brain has had some major trauma and with the brain there is no telling what can happen."

"So they don't know what's wrong with her?"

"We just have to keep positive and hope she wakes up within the next couple of days."

*
*
*

Malo

Jamiya looks so peaceful in this state. I wonder if she knows I'm here or maybe she's dreaming of me. Maybe she's dreaming of our son. I know what I want to name him, but I'm waiting on Jamiya to wake up before I tell anyone. Right now he is just baby boy Sullivan.

I kiss her and rest my head against her forehead. She loves when I do this. She says it's so intimate. If only she knew the first time I did it was because she was talking too much and it was the only way to get her to shut up.

"Baby, I know you like to be dramatic and all, but it's time to wake up."

I fix her hair because if she does wake up right now she will kill me. It's already been three days which is a day longer than the doctors were hoping, but I know my baby takes her time. She hates being rushed and she loves sleep.

I wanted to have this baby so if something ever happened to me part of me would still be here. I never thought anything would happen to Yaya. I guess I should have known anything was possible after she got shot, but she survived that and she will survive this too.

"Can we come in?"

I look at Leti walk in with my son in her arms. "I told you to keep him at home." I scold her. "He shouldn't be here."

"Well, I was thinking that maybe Yaya would wake up if she saw her son." She smiles and walks towards me.

"Where is West?"

"She said she had to handle some stuff at the office."

"Where are my parents? Where are your parents?" I ask.

"Your parents went shopping and mine are in the waiting room. They don't want to leave until the doctors see some improvement."

I just nod and grab my son. He looks just like me, but he's way lighter. Yaya and I decided on a mixed donor, so our son has the same race and ethnicity as us.

"Can you please tell me his name?" Leti begs.

"What are you naming your daughter?"

She shrugs and says "I don't know."

"Then me either." I laugh and place my son next to Yaya. "Baby, meet our son. He's lighter than you."

"Prettier too." Leti adds.

"Don't call my son pretty." I demand. "He's a handsome young man."

"He's a beautiful baby boy."

I roll my eyes and look at Yaya. "You have to wake up before your sister drives me crazy." I sigh and give my son back to Leti. "Take him home. She's not ready to wake up today."

Leti sighs and leaves the room with my son. I feel kind of bad for not being with my son on his first day home, but I know he'll understand that this is where I need to be. This is where I have to be.

"You can wake up anytime you want. We are not rushing you."