8:Not with that

West

"Who's my dad?" Leti asks.

"Sweetheart, right now is not the time." Hector says as he and David clean up pieces from the broken table. Everyone has cleared out, but Leti wanted answers and I want whatever she wants.

"So my father isn't Calvin?" She asks. Who's Calvin?

"Leti, I am the only father you need." Hector tells her.

"That's bullshit!" Leti shouts and storms upstairs. I chase after her and watch as she bangs on her mother's door. "Open up Reina!" She screams.

"Baby, let's just go." I tell her.

"No!" She yells at me and continues to knock. The door finally opens and Reina stands there with all her makeup running down her face. "Who is he?"

"Calvin Thorne." Reina says.

Wait a minute. Calvin Thorne? I know that nigga. He was the biggest crime lord this city has ever seen until I showed up.

"Are you sure?" Leti demands. "What was Yaya talking about then?"

"She overheard me talking to your auntie one day and she misunderstood."

"What? What did she misunderstand? Did she not hear you say that you didn't know who my dad was?" Leti demands.

"Your auntie said it." Reina sighs.

"Don't do that." Hector says as he rushes up the stairs. "Just stop."

"No, we should have done this a long time ago. I'm tired of lying." Reina says.

"Lying about what?" Leti asks.

"I'm not your mom." Reina says as the tears begin to fall down her face.

"What? No, no that's not true." Leti cries. I wrap my arms around her and kiss her cheek.

"Yaya heard your auntie talking about who your father was when she was little and couldn't tell us apart yet." Reina explains making Leti cry even more.

"Why couldn't she tell y'all apart?" I ask.

"She's a twin." Leti sniffs. She's ruining my shirt, but I'll do anything for my baby.

"We did the DNA test and Calvin is your dad." Hector says.

"But what about all the maternity pictures you have?" Leti wonders.

"My baby died at birth and your auntie was strung out back then. It just made sense that I take you." Reina says.

"So I'm a crack baby?!" Leti yells.

"No, she started using after you were born and she was tired of Calvin." Reina says.

"I have to get out of here." Leti sighs.

*
*
*
We took a cab back to my place Friday night after the whole dinner thing. Now it's Sunday and Leti has not moved. She won't speak to nobody, shower, eat or anything. She won't even get mad at me.

I snatch the blankets off of her and she just rolls over. "You need to take a fucking shower!" I yell at her.

"Leave me alone." She sighs. "Just let me stay here."

"And rot? Not in my bed." I swoop her up and carry her to the bathroom kicking and screaming. I turn on the shower and step in with my clothes still on and Leti clothes still on her.

"Why can't you just let me be?" She whines.

"Because I love you too much for that."

*
*
*

Malo

"I can't believe Leti isn't my sister." Jamiya sighs. I crawl into bed next to her and kiss her cheek. She's finally out of West's house and back in her own bed.

"She will always be your overprotective, crazy ass sister." I say making her crack a smile.

"I'm actually the crazy one though." She smirks.

"I know." I laugh. "Trust me."

She slaps my arm and pushes me. "You need to learn to shut up." 

I sit up and rest my head on the headboard. "What's wrong?" She asks.

"I was thinking about what your mom said." I admit.

"What about it?"

"The whole whoring around thing."

She raises an eyebrow at me and sucks her teeth. "So you think I'm a whore?!"

"That's n-"

"Well excuse me for having a little fucking fun in my life. I'm only nineteen. I'm allowed to have fun. Aren't I?"

"That's not what I meant."

"Then explain." She orders me.

"I wanna have a baby with you."

"Did you not just hear the part where I said I'm nineteen?"

"Babe, I'm twenty three years old. I live a dangerous life and before I leave this planet I want to fall in love and start a family. I already fell in love and now it's time to start our family."

She shakes her head and gets out of the bed. I watch her as she starts pacing back and forth. "I'm sorry. I'm too young to have a baby." She says.

"I'll have the baby. We'll be like Domo and Crissy."

She laughs and shakes her head. "What you're not understanding is that I'll still be helping you raise that baby and God forbid something happen to you and I'm stuck with a baby."

"Well, Maybe you're just not the woman I was suppose to fall in love with." I say as I get out the bed.

"What does that mean?"

"I want a baby and if you're not with that then you're not with me."