35: Family problems

West

Family has always been a problem for me. I don't have family like Malo where I can count on them for anything and they'll always be there no matter what. She has her mom, her dad, and her brother. They all love her and adore her. I don't have that. Hell, I don't even have family like Leti and Yaya. My family don't love me enough to kidnap me. They only care about keeping the family name relevant and feared across the globe.

My family ain't shit. It's not even that big to be so shitty. There's my mom, Carla. She's in her late forties and after my dad caught her sleeping with one of the cabana boys he kicked her out she took a vacation and didn't come back to visit my sister and me for ten years. She ain't shit.

Now my older sister, Natalia, on the other hand, is actually the only relative I talk to. I stayed with her when I faked my death. She has three young sons and a little girl. She's super sweet, loving, and caring. It's as if we aren't related, but her husband is an entirely different story. He's manipulative, a liar, and a cheater. Oh, and he beat my sister up, but I had my men do some damage to his hand, so he won't be hitting anything for the rest of his life.

Then we have my father, Eduardo. He's in his fifties and he's on his fifth long time girlfriend because he and my mother don't believe in divorce. I haven't met his newest girl, but my sister said she looks like she's probably younger than I am. He's a ruthless drug lord, I guess that's where I get it from, but he's way more ruthless than I've ever been. He reminds me a lot of Calvin in a way. When I told him I was divorcing Olivia he did everything in his power to stop me, which is why we haven't spoken in years. He ain't shit.

"Hello Naomi." My father smirks as I answer the door.

"Hello Eduardo."

"Now what has my baby girl gotten herself into now?" He wonders as he pushes his way inside the house. I take a deep breath and follow him to the living room. "When will you learn Naomi? You will always need me."

I roll my eyes. "My wife and child were taken from me along with Malo's son and girlfriend."

"Olivia was kidnapped? You have a kid?"

"No," I shake my head. "Olivia and I are done, dad. I'm married to Leticia Thorne and I kind of have two kids maybe. There's P.J. and then my little girl, but I haven't met her..." I start to tear up just thinking about it. I haven't even met my little girl yet. What if I never do?

"Thorne?" He demands. "You married a Thorne? As in Calvin Thorne."

"Yes, and I need him taken care of. He has tried to break my family up too many times and now he's gone too far."

"Now why would I help you?"

"Because I'm your daughter and the woman I love needs my help." I demand.

He sighs and stands up from the couch. "Calvin Thorne won't be an easy target. This is going to take a little bit of time, but I'll call you when my men are ready to attack."