4: The birthday party

Jamiya

Leti snuck out of her own birthday party with West. She lucky I put all her gifts in the car because I know she go be mad she didn't open them.

I walk back inside the club and kiss Malo on her plump lips. This is my woman right here. We been together for six months and I can't get enough of her. I know I'm only nineteen or whatever, but I know how I feel.

"What you thinking about?" Malo asks.

"I love you." I smile.

"I love you too." She kisses me and then pulls me onto the dance floor.

We grind our bodies against one another and dance to the music. She smacks my ass, so I turn around and start twerking on her.

She continues to send stings to my ass and in all honesty it is turning me on. Maybe we should get the fuck out of here?

I turn back around and whisper into her ear "let's go." She smiles and nods at me.

As soon as we get to the exit some Mexican looking niggas are walking in with guns in their hands. Malo steps in front of me and pulls out her gun.

"What the fuck y'all want?" Malo demands.

"We heard y'all tryna take shit from Pablo." Some guy with a fade says.

"Why the fuck you talking in third person?" Malo asks.

"Because Pablo does what Pablo wants." He says pointing his gun from Malo to me. "Pablo sees you tryna protect somebody."

"Leave her out of this. We don't want no problems we can work something else out." Malo says.

"It's a shame your boss isn't here. That would make this so much more fun." He smiles before putting his gun back on Malo.

At this point the entire club is still and all eyes are on Pablo and his men. "Drop your weapon." He orders.

"No, don't do it." I tell Malo. She slowly begins to drop her weapon and Pablo fires.

I clutch my side and look at Malo as I begin to fall to the ground. "No!" Malo shouts. The last thing I hear are gunshots before everything goes black.

*
*
*

Leti

I kiss my way back up to West's mouth and lay my head on her chest. "You're beautiful." She tells me.

"You a-"

I am interrupted by West's phone going off. She sits up and answers it while I glance around the room. We are currently in West's room at her house.

"We on our way right now." West says hopping out the bed and hanging up the phone.

"What's wrong?" I ask.

"Some shots were fired at the club after we left." She says.

"Who called?" I ask with tears in my eyes because part of me already knows the answer. West got the phone call which means Malo must've called her. If Malo called that means Yaya is shot.

"Malo." She sighs. "Yaya got shot."

*
*
*

I run down the hospital hallway until I see Malo. "Where is She? What happened?"

"This guy that owes West and I some money showed up and he shot at us and Yaya got hit." Malo explains.

I sit down and try to piece the pieces together in my head. I know Malo is in this lifestyle, but I had no idea about West. Nobody fucking told me how they knew each other.

"Baby, are you Okay?" West asks.

I stand up and smack the dog shit out of her. "This is your fault! You fucking criminal! I hate you! I hate the both of you!" I go to smack her again, but she grabs my wrist and slams me into the wall by the chair.

Nurses start to move towards us, but West glares at them. "Back the fuck up!" She screams at them.

"Let me go. You're hurting me." I cry.

"Don't you ever put your fucking hands on me again Leticia." West demands before letting me drop to the floor.

"I don't want you around me. I don't want you here." I tell her.

"Well, that's too damn bad."

*
*
*

West and Malo sit on one side of the waiting room while I sit on the other. My mother comes running in and storms over to me.

"What happened?" She demands.

"She got shot."

"I know that. How? Where was she?" My mother demands.

"She was at the club and these thugs came and shot the place up." I explain.

She points her finger at me and pokes my chest. "You are suppose to protect her. You are her sister. Are you crazy? Why weren't you with her?"

"Aye don't fucking talk to her like that." West demands as she and Malo march over to us. "Who the hell do you think you are?"

"Reina Atkins. Her mother." Mama demands.

"It wasn't her fault." West says.

"And who are you?"

"West."

"Malo."

"Well you girls may leave. I need to talk to my child."

"Not if you go be talking to her like that." West demands.

"Listen little girl. I will talk to my child however the hell I-"

"Jamiya Atkins!" The doctor calls. We all rush over to him to hear the news

"Is She Okay?" I ask.

"Jamiya is going to make a full recovery. The bullet didn't hit any vital organs and we were able to remove it completely. We are still monitoring her, so right now she just needs to rest."

"Can we see her?" Malo asks.

"One at a time." The doctor says.

"I'll go first." My mother says.

Once the doctor and my mother are gone I take my seat once again. Im so glad Jamiya is going to be okay. I don't know what I'd do if I lost her.

*
*
*
Jamiya and Leticia's Mom

***Jamiya and Leticia's Mom