13:Friends

Jamiya

Malo and I smile at each other and then at the screen  again. "You are a healthy twenty weeks along." The nurse says. "Would you like to know the sex?"

"No." Malo says.

I stare at her like she's crazy. "What you mean no? I wanna know exactly what to buy and what to name them?"

"I want a gender reveal party babe." Malo claims.

"Fine, we will have Leti come pick up the results." I roll my eyes.

"Okay, well that's it for today. You can go right to the front desk and schedule your next appointment Mallory." The nurse smiles.

"Thank you." I tell her.

*
*
*
Leti has not been the same since West passed away. I barely see her and she's out at all hours of the night.

I walk into her room and see her knocked out. It's almost three in the afternoon. "Leticia, wake the fuck up." I demand.

She looks at me and then pulls the blanket over her head. "Go away." She mumbles.

"I need you to plan a gender reveal party."

She sits up and smiles at me. "Okay, a party? I'm down."

"You have to pick up the results from the hospital."

She bites down on her lip and shakes her head. "I can't go to the hospital."

"Why the hell not?"

"There's just some bad blood between me and somebody up there." She shrugs.

"Did you sleep with a nurse?"

"No."

"A doctor?"

"It's not that big of a deal."

"The you can go up there." I tell her. "C'mon I really wanna know what the baby is."

"Fine, but if it ends bad it's all your fault."

*
*
*

Leti

Losing West was a lot harder than I originally thought. I guess what I mean is that I didn't know how much I actually loved her until it was too late. Doesn't matter now anyways because she had a whole ass wife.

It's not like she loved her wife anyway considering how she left me everything and left her wife nothing.

I was a wreck when I found out about Olivia. Apparently her and West were high school sweethearts and all that sappy shit. To make matters worse, Malo knew about the bitch the entire time. She claims she thought they had gotten a divorce, but I know Malo knew the truth.

It's not like I care anymore. Naomi West is out of my life and I no longer think about her. It's been three months and I am doing fine, but now Yaya needs me to go to the hospital for her and that might not be too fine.

During the first month without West, I cried and broke things. I even took a bat to West's car. Then I realized she wasn't coming back and even though I was mad at her, the car didn't deserve that.

By the second month, I decided to go out and get very drunk. I did that. Every night for two weeks straight I went to the same bar and got wasted and each night the same man brought me home. He was always a gentleman, who just needed a drink after dealing with a stressful job.

In the third week of the second month, I got more drunk than usual and blacked out. I woke up in the man's bed at his house. I left and never went back to that bar again, but unfortunately that wasn't the last time I saw him.

About a week after the incident, I took Malo to the hospital and saw that man again. Apparently, his stressful job is being a doctor. Why does he have to be a doctor?

I take a deep breath and walk inside the hospital. I keep my head down and walk as fast as humanly possible. The last thing I need is to-

"Leti?" Someone calls me. "Leticia, is that you?"

I turn around and see the exact person I've been avoiding. "Hey, Patrick." I say awkwardly as I scratch the back of my head.

"Haven't seen you in a while." He smiles at me.

"Yeah, I've stopped drinking." I sort of lie.

"Oh, did something happen?"

"N-no."

He smirks and crosses his arms across his chest. "Are you sure you're okay?"

"I'm fine." I sigh. "I-I'm...uhhh...I don't know how to say this."

"What is it? It is because we slept together?"

"I'm gay."

"I turned you gay?!" He yells causing a couple heads to turn in our direction. I laugh so hard that I actually snort. "This is one of my biggest fears."

"Stop being so dramatic." I tell him.

"This is a big deal. Maybe I can turn you back?"

"You didn't turn me gay. I've been gay and you're the only guy I've ever slept with." I admit to him.

"So I wasn't bad?" He Asks.

"Well, I have no memory of it, so..."

"Friends?" He extends his hand out to shake mine. "Can we at least be friends?"

"Sure. Friends it is."