Chapter 6

Alexander's body still stirred sending blood to his loins just at the thought of Emma. He climbed up into the newest model of Duramax diesel truck beside his foreman with a frown. Usually he drove himself, but this gave him time to make a few important phone calls. That was the plan, but instead all the way to the airport, he couldn't stop thinking of her. On the back of his mind there was the lingering thought, darn she was his mother's employee. He was aware that he overstepped the boundaries. The situation didn't suppose to go that far, but with the first taste of Emma's sweetness he got lost, unable to stop himself. No woman ever affected him this deeply. The planned way to get her off the ranch, turned into the most passionate, unforgettable moment he ever had. He yearned and craved more.

Beside all the logic, he knew, if this business trip wasn't so important and could be postponed he would stay on the ranch. But, the necessary papers needed signing.

He wanted Emma again and as often it takes to cure this frenzy. She wasn't his type at all, but with those perfect soft curves how could he ever think that she was undesirable. He wanted to see her deep green pools misty with passion.

No matter how real it looked the engagement to Rina was unofficial, and he was still free to play the field. It was her that insisted on it. He went for it only because it seemed a perfect way to show Emma he was not available. After all, he wasn't getting married again to anyone, and Rina knew that. She insisted on a ring to prove her status above being a mere mistress even if it never leads to a wedding bells. At the end of a day it was all he had to offer her.

This time he grinned as the cat over a bowl of cream at the thought of coming back home.

***

Emma found Kate in her studio bent over a new design she was in the process of creating. The boutique specialized in fancy clothing, but also had a dedicated section for Kate's jewelry collection.

Kate lifted her head as she entered.

"Emma, right in time. What do you think?" The beautifully designed bracelet was stunning.

"It looks wonderful. You are very talented. Who ever gets to wear that is very lucky."

"Thanks Emma!"

"I need to talk to you Kate......." There was no way around it, so she continued.

"I regret to tell you, but I accepted the position of an advertising manager down in Houston. As much I will miss you, it's time I go out in the world and try new opportunities."

Her employer didn't seem surprised. It was clear to Emma that she already knew that she's planning to leave. That was to be expected as she put her name down as a job reference.

"I'll be sad to see you go, but I do understand. If you change your mind, you are always welcome to stay." Kate wasn't blind to Emma's feelings towards Alexander and understood that it must be very hard for a young woman to be around her stubborn son and Rina.

"My flight is booked for Friday morning. I was hoping someone could give me the ride to the airport."

"I will take you, but you have to promise to stay in touch." It was wholeheartedly meant.

"Thank you for all you've done for me." Kate didn't fail to notice how Emma avoided the promise.

On Thursday after she finished most of the book work she went to her room and packed her luggage. For the second time in her life she was running away because of love and she made a vow to herself it will be the last time. She was glad she didn't have to face Alexander. This way was easier.