[14]: Life Is Trash

"We're beautiful!"
- Zedd
(Love that damn song)
🌸➗🌸➗🌸

{RILEY'S POV}

Me and Nat are walking to gym class, I can't believe Mrs. Mills she actually paired us both up with demons. It gets even worse when you have multiple classes with him, we get inside the girl's locker room and set our bags down. "Riles what are we going to do?" Nat asks me as she goes to change her clothes, "Does it look like I know that?" I say to her while changing inside one of the stalls.

"Well you always seem to know what to do in situations like these, so I'd thought I ask." On my side of the perspective I think we all know that I'm lucky enough to still be alive, Ryan's said he wanted to kill me like 2 times already. What will happen on the third time? Won't I be dead meat? I come out of the bathroom stall and frown. "I have pale meat legs." I slap my legs and smirk, Nat walks out and still has a scared face. "How can you be smiling when you have to do a project with a moron?" She asks. The thing is, you can't worry about the same stuff all the time once it happens you can't take it back. I have to find my inner happiness, or at least get high on life.

"You see Nat, in times like these you have to enjoy it while it last." I sit down chomping on a chip from my locker. "That's the worst advice ever." She scoffs walking over to the gym doors. "Yet it works my friend." I smile while walking next to her, we go to our spots in the gym and sit down. No one really shows up for p.e anymore once you go for the millionth time it doesn't get any better or fun, the gym teachers get bitchy and start to make you do more laps around the track. Mr. Butthead hates everyone but most of all I think he hates me, ever since I've been going to this school nothing but trash came around.

When everyone sits down Mr. Butthead comes from his gym office. "Okay everyone! Today we're going to be doing laps so get up and start running!" He yells at us as we get up. Then he looks up at me. "Nice to see the school mascot back here again, say what're you again Riley? A rat?" He asks, at first I thought to myself is he joking? He has to be joking right? But all of it occurred to me that of course he has to say something, he hates my guts! I frown at him confused. "Uhmm I'm pretty sure it isn't legal to say that to a student?" I ball my fists up ready to pound his butthead in.

"And I'm pretty sure we don't have a rat mascot, anyways get to running!" He shouts at me, I do as told and ignore is utter bullshit. It's best for me to do that instead kill him with my bare hands. I start walking along the track and everyone is laughing at what Mr. Butthead said to me, Nat is giving me a sympathetic smile, Ryan is pointing at me while smirking with his friends. I don't get it, you say nothing to anyone and yet you're the laughing stock of a whole nation.

"It's okay Riles." Nat pats my back.

"Don't touch me.. You probably thought it was hilarious." I say through clenched teeth, I can't stand the way she acts like everything is okay when it's clearly not! I hate the fact that she even tried being my friend, I'm a bummer to society and she's probably sucking up to me. Who knows?

"No I d-idn-'t that's pathetic of you to say!" She stutters while holding back tears, "Yeeah okay.. I'll believe that." I start to jog away from her, maybe I'm just mad because my life is shit compared to hers. I'm allowed to feel that way right? Sometimes it's harder to even know which person I want to be, do I want to enslave the world? Or try to be nice and act as if my life's okay? Maybe neither. My mind says.

After gym class I hurried and packed my things to avoid Nat, it was never like me to get angry and act like a total drama queen with her, she would only see me do that to others. Instead I did it to her, now she's probably never going to forgive me. I hurry out of the locker room, as I'm nearing my last class someone tries to grab my shoulder. It feels like a large hand, looks like a guy's. I turn around to see Ryan Jones standing right next to me, giving me a dirty look, a cringe worthy one, he has a blank face. His hand's still touching my shoulder. I don't feel like fake smiling so I give a blank face back. "What the hell do you want?" I ask sounding snappy.

"Uh well we have that project, and I just wanted to know if we're going to start on it yet? Maybe today?" He starts to cringe upon body request, he has the look of disgust all on his face like he can't stand to talk to me. What's wrong with being ugly? Can't I just be ugly without getting shamed? Guess not. "..Wouldn't you rather do it with someone hotter and a slut?" I frown at him staring at my face like it's a bloody piece of meat.

"No it's not that, I just hate your fucking guts, and you probably suck at projects."

"Pfft I get better grades than you." I insist while scoffing.

"Wanna make that a bet?" He smirks.

"Never.. So where are we going to do this stupid project?" I ask him annoyed, why did Mrs. Mills choose me for this? I want to die like now! "Yours?" He raises a brow at me, what makes him think I'm going to let him in my parentless house? There's not much to even look at in there, the entire place is a hell hole for losers. "No." I decline rationally. "Why not?!" He exclaims. Did I mention the part where I'm basically a homeless teen with no parents?

"I rather not explain myself to a complete dimwitted loser like you." And with that I walk away without saying another word, I think he would very much like that anyways. As I'm walking away he shouts something back at me. "Oh yeah?! At least I'm not a snark ass mutt with the ability to look ugly," I shrug my shoulders like it's a big deal and keep walking away, Riley Lee Walker is out! She's drained from hating way too much and decided to retire, but don't worry she'll be back Ryan.

🌸➗🌸➗🌸
Author's Note:

Writer's block - something that gets on my effing nerves when I try to think of things for my books😐. Anyways yes this chapter may seem boring, but it's basically a filler in on what happens when you fuck up a friendship (for now at least). How was itt? Will Nat give in to that party? Shit idk fuck. Jk I do. Hehehe😂☺.

Comment, vote, follow me for more updates on this exciting yet crazy book.

---> Social Media:

Insta: ruthiewashere_

Snap: ruth_bih

- Love, Rue

"I have anger issues, so what?"- Riley Lee Walker

- Riley Lee Walker.
🌸➗🌸➗🌸