3 - Danger

I leaned against the door, trying to steady my breath. I looked out the peep hole to see if he was still there, nothing. I walked upstairs to see Sherlock's door slightly open. His and Johns voice came from inside, "I need her safe!"

"And I don't?" John shouted back

"You don't....you don't understand!"

"What? That you two have been shacking up?!"

How does he know? When did he find out? What the hell!

"What...I didn't -"

"You didn't need to say anything. Mrs Hudson must be blind if she hasn't seen it! She'll kill you!"

"It's nothing. Drop it!"

I heard a click and a sudden gun shot. He was upset.

"Fine. But what are we supposed to do? Lexi won't listen to us."

"She has to. He won't stop."

Who won't stop? What the hell are they talking about?

I pushed open the door to see them both in the living room. Sherlock was against the fire place and John by the kitchen. They both stared at me as I entered, "What?" I asked, trying to play dumb. Will they tell me?

"Nothing. I need to go. I'll see you two tomorrow" John walked passed me and closed the door.

"What's going -" I was stopped short by Sherlock's lips crashing on to mine. I dropped my books as he pushed me back against the wall, pulling at my shirt and undoing my buttons.

We were back where we were before I went out; shirtless and making out. He grabbed my ass and lifted me up; wrapping my legs around him again he went to his bedroom. He sat on the edge making me straddle him as his kiss got hungrier.

I broke away and leaned my forehead against his, "what's going on?" I whispered

"Nothing" he replied, undoing my jeans.

"Something's going on. Tell me" I put my hand under his chin, pushing his head to look at me. His eyes said it all. He was upset. "What's wrong? Please tell me" I pleaded with him as he kept pulling at my jeans, "Stop it!"

I got up and buttoned my jeans back up. He put his head in his hands and sighed, "I just want you to be safe"

"I am. What? I don't get it" I was confused. Where is a safer place than here?

"Moriarty" Sherlock whispered as he got up off the bed. He walked over and took me by the waist. "He wants you"

"Who? Why?" I was so confused.

"I don't know. To get to me?"

"Who is he?" I asked, wrapping my arms around his neck and pulling myself closer.

"He's trouble. Please don't talk to random people when you're out" Sherlock rested his forehead against mine, "I don't want to lose you".

"You won't" I gave him a light kiss on lips before I heard the downstairs door close, "Guessing Nan's back"

"Stay up here with me" Sherlock begged.

"She'll ask questions"

"I don't care" He leant in and kissed me again. His hands moved up my back, sending shock waves as they went. He unclipped my bra before pulling it off and throwing it somewhere in the room. I pushed him back towards the bed. The back of his knees hit the bed and he sat down, I straddled him again and we picked up where we left off for a second time.

It had been a few days and I still thought I was seeing this guy everywhere. But like before, I'd turn and he wouldn't be there. My mind was playing such tricks on me. I hated it.

I was walking back from university when I saw Lestrade's car out front. Oh God what now!

I opened the door and heard them shouting already. It was never good with them two.

Walking into Sherlock's place, they were both in each other's face, screaming. I couldn't make any of it.

"OK that's enough!" I shouted over them and stood between them, pushing them apart, "What is it this time?"

They started shouting over each other again and I still couldn't make any of it out. The door opened and Nan walked in, "I've made you all a cup of tea. Oh hello Lexi dear," she smiled and placed the tray on the table beside Johns empty chair.

"Hi Nan"

"Good day?" She smiled, ignoring the boys arguing

"Oh the best!" I said sarcastically as she muttered something and walked out the door, "Are you two quite done?"

"Let's ask him shall we? Are you done? You'll just get her into more trouble" Lestrade shouted at Sherlock

"Oh please! She's fine, look at her! She's all in one piece!" Sherlock snapped back, motioning to me

"And when will she not be? Hey? Are you really risking that!?"

"What are you two arguing about?" I shouted as they just stared at each other

"Lestrade here thinks I'm not looking after you" Sherlock said, not breaking eye contact with him.

"And I've said Mrs Hudson wouldn't be too happy if her granddaughter died because of him. She's already lost her son and daughter in law. Want to make it a full set do you!?"

"What? How am I gonna die? I'm fine!" I shouted at Lestrade.

"For how long though? He'll come for you. He knows it'll rile Sherlock up" Lestrade finally looked at me. His eyes were full of hate, anger, plead.

"If I paid attention to ever threatening letter I received I'd not leave the house!" Sherlock shouted and moved towards the tea.

"He has a point" I butted in

"But this one isn't about him. It's not his life, it's yours" Lestrade took hold of my hands and looked down to the floor, "You need to be safe. And getting...involved...with Sherlock is not safe"

"Involved?" I asked, trying to play dumb. Did it work?

"We're not stupid you know" damn "John and I both know you two have a..a..thing"

"Sex. You can call it as it is. We have sex. Nothing more" Sherlock's voice popped up from behind me. Nothing more. That actually kind of hurt coming from his mouth. I mean, yeah it wasn't anything more. But to actually hear him say it...

"He'll get you" Lestrade ignored Sherlock

"Who will?"

"Moriarty."