1- Ring Of Fire

Mer's pov

Its been a very hectic day and night. I just told Nathan that Megan is alive. He doesn't believe me at first. Once he believes me. He's says he is sorry and gets the car. I watch him drive away to find her. Sometimes I miss Derek. I walk back inside. I see alex. He tells me that he decided not to go after Jo's husband. I was relivied that he wasn't going back to prison. I turn walk away when Alex grabs my arm and swings me back around.

"Mer what's wrong"? He asks concernly.

I try to stop the tears from falling. I blinked back the tears.

"Nathan is going back to be with Megan" I chock out into sobs. He looks at me with a sympathetic look in his eyes. Sometimes I feel that me and him have a connection that's undeniable. More like a friendship type way.

"Hey, hey, Mer I know I said many times that I hate him. But I'm so sorry that your getting your heart broken again. I also know if it was Derek you would already be gone" Alex assures me. I give Alex smile and he wipes the tears out of my eyes.

"Thanks Alex I always know I can count on you" I confidently say.

"Your welcome Mer, I'm also your person. I still don't know what that means really" Alex chuckles. I begin to laugh too.

"So are you going to tell Jo you went after her husband"? I asked.

"I can't what if she's mad at me for interfering when she told not to" Alex states.

"Alex" I replied.

"What"? He answers.

"You have to, otherwise she will be mad when she finds out from someone else and not you" I explain.

" I know" Alex sighs.

"Bailey is giving a speech about the fire and what floors to avoid" I sighed as I head to where Bailey is talking.

While baliey is explaining I see Alex is talking to Jo. Then bam stuff fell from the floor above. "I guess avoid the 4th floor nurses station" Bailey blurted. I was still in shock.

I went up to Megan's room. I walk in and tell Megan I can do the surgery to replace her abdomen. We wheel her into the O.R. "Ten blade" I ask my scrub nurse.

I start to make a incision. "Dr Avery, we need you in O.R 3" Andrew interrupted.

He takes off his surgical scrubs and walks out the door. It's probably Amelia. She is always being an overachiever until something starts to fall apart. She does remind me of her big cocky of a brother and also my first love.

He was always pushing past the limit. He was almost fired I don't know how many times. 12 hours later my surgery was finally completed. I was so exhausted. I go to the attending locker room. I get there and try to open the door. But it was locked. Then I move my head on to the door and listen. I hear moaning. I decided to just to go home. I get outside and I see Nathan on the bench with his head by his knees.

"You okay? I ask.

"Megan said no. She says that I'm still in love with you" Nathan explains.

I just roll my eyes. I begin to walk away.

"Are we going to at least talk about this" He pleads. I just continue to walk away. I get in the car and drive home. I get home and see that the kids are already in bed and head up to my room. I open my door. I see Alex packing his stuff.

"Alex what are you doing"? I ask suspiciously.

"Oh hey Mer. Me and Jo are back together" He replies with a smile.

"So you told her"? I ask

. "Yes, and she wasn't mad. She actually locked the attending locker door and we had sex right there" Alex explains.

Oh so that was Jo and Alex. I couldn't explain the feeling I felt in my heart. Maybe it's because Alex is moving out and I'm stuck with Maggie and Amelia. Not that they are horrible to live with. It's just that Alex understands me.

"Well that's good you guys are back together" I replied with a fake smile. I was sad that Alex was moving out.

"I got to go Mer see you at work tomorrow" Alex says as he hugs me goodbye. I watch him walk away.

After he leaves my eyes start to water. I don't know why I'm crying. I hear the door bell ring. I walk down stairs. I open the door. And there was Nathan.

"Nathan what are you doing here"? I asked curiously.

"I just need to ask you something and you can't interrupt me" He explains.

I just nod.

"Are you okay if we get back together"? Nathan asks.

I was shocked. I didn't know what to say.

"Nathan I know that Megan said no to you. But I'm not sure how I feel about you. I didn't date you for Maggie's sake. But now she seems okay with us. I just don't feel the way I did before. I'm so sorry Nathan. It's just a part of me still hasn't moved on" I confess.

"Okay take your time, I will be there when you are ready" Nathan says with a smile.

"Goodnight" I reply as I close the door.

"Goodnight Grey" Nathan says before leaving.

I close the door. The tears kept flowing thru my eyes. I crawl into my bed and fall asleep. What could these feelings be about?