Slight Hope

Alex's pov

It's been a one month, since Meredith was kidnapped. The police are working their asses off. I'm not going to give up. Cristina moved back here. She would fly back every two weeks. Baliey gave her job back. I was paged to the on-call room. Jo said we need to talk the other night.

"Hey" I said.

"Hey" She says shortly.

"Alex I think we need to break up. I know your in love with Meredith and I'm okay. I will be fine. I start think about Andrew differently" She confessed.

"Yeah we should break up. I'm sorry we didn't work out. I have been in love with Meredith for awhile now. I just didn't notice. And now that Meredith was kidnapped. I have no idea if I'm just waiting here. Like it's not worth it or something" I cried.

Jo looks up at me.

"Alex don't lose hope yet, we will find her. You will able tell her that you love her. I know what it's like to terrified. I ran away from my husband" she told me.

I was about to answer when Some gives me a strange package. I opened it there was a letter.

"Alex Karev, I remember you. I saw you before I hopped in my cab. I have your girl. If you give me my girl back. You can have yours back. If you don't she gets it" signed Paul stadler. That bastard took Meredith. I started to cry. Jo grabs the letter and reads it.

"Oh my god! Alex I'm so sorry. Paul did this. I have to go turn myself in" she stated.

"No jo your going back to that man"! I snapped.

"Alex I have to ours he's going kill her. I know his limits. He won't stop until he has me" She told me as cried.

"Jo you can't do that" I demanded.

"Alex I have to" She snapped.

"Jo don't do it" I begged.

"Alex, I'm not actually go to do it. I'm going set him up and grab Meredith" she explained.

"Okay, just be careful" I said uneasy.

Jo runs off and gets the police to wire her. I watch her leave. I cried as thinking I won't her again. I did love her. Just not as much as I love Mer.

Cris's Pov

I moved back to Seattle. Mer still hasn't been found. I start to lose hope. Alex is barely hanging on. I'm not even holding on. I came back here for her. And she isn't anywhere. I miss her so much. Alex raced up to me.

"Jo's husband has Meredith" Alex said out of breath.

"What"! I said shocked.

"Jo is tricking him. She's going to him. But she had wires on her" Alex explained.

"What is Jo thinking"? I asked.

Alex hands me something. It was a letter.

"Alex Karev, I remember you. I saw you before I hopped in my cab. I have your girl. If you give me my girl back. You can have yours back. If you don't she gets it" signed Paul stadler. Oh my god.

"Alex what if he already killed her"? I asked.

"Cris no you can't think like that. Remember you told me the same thing" He explained.

God I hate when he actually listens.

"Alex she has been gone for a month. That's not a good sign that we still haven't found her" I state.

"Cristina, don't think like that" He cried.

"I'm sorry, for starting to give up hope. That's what he wants. He wants us to break" I confessed.

"It's okay" Alex sighed.