Shot Once Shot Twice

Alex's pov

It's been a week and Mer still isn't up. I'm starting to worry. They said everything went good. She should be awake now. Izzie and Paul were arrested. They killed 15 people. They hurt about 123 people. She's going on trial for murder and Paul is on trial for murder and sexual assault. I have so much hate for these people. They caused Mer pain and suffering. It makes me so angry that I couldn't of blocked the shots. Yeah I would be the one who was shot. But she would still be alive. Amelia and Owen brought the kids to visit Mer. They have been staying with them. Because I can't deal with much right now. I'm so focused on Mer. I won't eat or sleep. When I try to sleep. I wake up with the worst nightmares. Baliey has been making me go to therapy. Even though I know it won't work. I don't want to lose my job. I really don't want to lose Mer. I want to grow old and have a family. I want to marry Meredith. I need her in my life.

I wake up from my nightmare petrified. I haven't been able to sleep for 4 days. Everytime I try to close my eyes. They won't I will get about two minute and then they jarr up again. I decided to finally get out of bed. I run down stairs to make myself a small bowl of cereal before I head back to the hospital. Baliey told me to go home. She said that she couldn't have me sleep on her couch anymore.

After eating, I get in the car. As I was driving. I notice that Mer left her scrub top in here. I picked it up. I smelled it. It smelled so much like her. I could feel tears starting to form. Little droplets fell onto my cheeks. I tried to wipe them away. But then more tears starting to fall. I couldn't stop them from falling. I started banging my head on the steering wheel. I slammed my fists repeatedly against the wheel. The anger was boiling inside like I was going to explode like a volcano. Why does this happen to me? Why does it always take the ones I love? I put the car back into drive and drove off.

I got to work. Walking in the doors felt different. Maybe it was cause they had to hire new staff. It wasn't that. It was more. Then the thought downed on me. Cristina was walking up to me. Please be good news.

"Hey Alex" Cris said softly.

"Did she wake up yet"? I asked. I really wanted it to be a hopeful smile. She looked at me with her soft brown eyes.

"Yes she did" Cris exclaimed with a huge smile as tears rolled down her cheeks.

I had happy tears rolling down as well. She's alive. My heart was pounding. Mer is alive. Me and her can finally be happy together.

"She's alive" I replied as a smile crossed my face.

Me and Cris raced to Mer's room. I couldn't wait to kiss Mer. I have been waiting all week to know if she is alive. I reach the door and pulled the knob. The door creeked open. Mer slowly moved her head to the door. When Mer saw me. I ran up to the bed and wrapped my arms around her. Mer had tears burning her eyes. Cris followed behind me.

"Alex" Mer croaked.

"Shh, Mer I'm here and I'm never leaving you again" I calmly told her.

"Alex I was so scared of not coming back to you or the kids. The thought of not being with you scared me. I need you Alex and Izzie tried to take you back" Mer explained as tears continued to fall.

"Mer Izzie is gone and so is Paul. They can't get to you anymore. They were able to take out all 4 of the bullets. You're okay. They won't find you. You're safe" I comforted Mer.

Mer grabs me and pulls me closer. We have our arms wrapped around each other comforting each other. Tears fell from ours eyes. Neither of us bothered to wipe them away. We laid there as tears soaked the pillows. I looked up to see Mer with her puffy red eyes. She looked so hopeless. It was making my blood boil. They caused her so much pain. They deserve to rot in prison for rest of their miserable pathetic lives. I lean over and kiss Mer's forehead before drifting off to sleep.